Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

"Judge Not" Friday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

"Judge Not"

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
as I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
by the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
who made me sputter and gasp--
the thieves, the liars, the sinners,
the alcoholics, the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
was rotting away in hell,
was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

And why's everyone so quiet,
so somber? Give me a clue."
"Hush, child," said He. "They're all in shock.
No one thought they'd see you."

"A Kid with Two Fathers"

“Why is Tommy’s father hardly ever at home?”

The question was asked by Goldie, the golden Labrador who wore a harness with a handle and who guided Sam who was blind around obstacles.

“It’s because he’s an L.D.M.,” Frivel said.

“What’s an L.D.M.?” asked Goldie.

“A Long Distance Man,” said Honeybunch, pleased that she knew something that Goldie did not know. “He has to travel long distances to find work, and when he finds it he has to stay there for long times until the work is finished, then he comes home or finds other work someplace else.”

“Tommy must miss him,” Goldie said. “Sam would miss his father if he had to do that.”

“Tommy would,” said Toto, “if it wasn’t for his Father in Heaven.”

“And did you know,” said Goldie, that his Father in Heaven is also ours?”

Goldie was the only dog allowed to go to Sunday school and to Church.

Frivel and Honeybunch had not known that, but Toto did because he had been there when Tommy’s Dad had told Tommy about his Father in Heaven.

Tommy had been crying because he had not wanted his Daddy to go away.

“Tommy,” his father had said. “There’s no need to cry. Mummy will be here and although I’ll be far away, you still have a Father in Heaven who loves you, and will look after you. He is my Father and Mummy’s Father as well.”

“What about Toto?”

“Toto’s too, and Frivel’s and Honeybunch’s. So, what I want you to do while I’m away is to be obedient to your mother, always tell the truth, be kind to the animals, and look out for others who can’t look out for themselves. Go to Sunday school and learn as much as you can about what your Heavenly Father wants you to do.”

“That’s what he said,” Toto told the others.

“So, he’s a kid with two fathers. What’s it like in Sunday school?” asked Honeybunch.

“It’s really nice to hear the voices of all the children when they sing,” Goldie said, “but sometimes something happens that isn’t so good.”

“Like what?” asked Toto.

“Well,” said Goldie settling down to tell the story, “a boy called Graham brought a car badge to Sunday school and it was stolen.”

Graham had both lapels of his blazer filled with car badges, which the car makers were issuing at that time. He was showing the other boys the latest one he’d got. It was a Rolls Royce Badge and it went from hand to hand and was gazed at with envious eyes.

Sam felt it with his fingers and handed it back to Graham who pinned it in his lapel with the others.

The children hung their coats and blazers up and went into assembly where they sang and prayed before going to their classes to have their lessons.

Graham, whose nose was running and who had been told not to sniff went to get his hanky from his blazer and he came back looking most distressed.

He spoke to the Sunday school Superintendent who went out again with him, and when he came back he told Graham to go to his class.

When the classes were finished and the final hymn had been sung, the Superintendent told everyone to stay where they were. He spoke to the other teachers and they got the children to form lines in front of them.

Graham has lost his Rolls Royce badge,” the Superintendent said. “It may have been taken or simply misplaced, but each of you will pass in front of your teacher and empty your pockets and handbags.”

Tommy’s eyes caught a movement, and he glanced across to see a boy in another line put something into Sam’s pocket. The boy’s name was Trevor.

When Sam came before his teacher, and emptied his pockets, Graham’s badge was there.

The teacher called the Superintendent. He looked at the badge.

“Sam,” he said, “how did you come by this badge?”

“I ddddon’t know, sir,” Sam stuttered.

“How were you able to take it?”

“I dddidn’t, sir, honest.”

“Now tell me the truth, young man.”

“I can tell you,” Goldie said to the others, “I was on my feet by this time showing my teeth and growling. I didn’t like the man’s tone. Adults don’t think sometimes and jump to the wrong conclusions. If it hadn’t been for Tommy, I might have bitten him.”

Tommy came over and said he had seen Trevor put something into Sam’s pocket, which he thought might have been the badge.

“Is this true, Trevor?”

“Why didn’t you keep your rotten mouth shut?” Trevor snarled at Tommy.

“I couldn’t let you get Sam into trouble,” Tommy said.

“I’ll speak to your parents about this,” the Superintendent said.

“Oh no, sir, don’t do that,” Trevor said.

“I’m afraid I’ll have to.”

“I’m goin’ to get you for this,” Trevor hissed at Tommy.

“I remember Tommy worried himself nearly sick,” Toto said. “And that night he prayed: ‘Heavenly Father, don’t let Trevor get me, please.”

All that week Tommy worried that Trevor was going to get him. On Wednesday when he was walking home from school, Trevor who had been lying in wait for him stepped out and stopped him.

“I want to talk to you,” he said.

“What about?” Tommy wanted to run but stood his ground.

“About what you did in Sunday school.”

“I told the truth.”

“That’s what Da said.”

“But you’re goin’ to get me anyway?”

“Da said you’d make a good friend. Said I should make friends with you. You want to be my friend?”

“You won’t be getting me, then?”

“No, Da said that would be wrong.”

“And now they’re friends,” said Toto.

“Trevor was wise to listen to his father and now he walks to Sunday school with Sam and Tommy,” said Goldie.

"The Holy Alphabet"

Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in thanksgiving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without His love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking Him for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of "Camp Complaining"
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Praise can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command
Until we see Him coming
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
Xalting God most high
Yes, there'll be good times and yes some will be bad, but...
Zion waits in glory...where none are ever sad!

Have a Blessed Weekend
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

We do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from us it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than us, has forwarded it to you.

-- To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@associate.com