Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

That's My Daddy Thursday

Posted by: Bigguyhereagain <Bigguyhereagain@...>

That's My Daddy

A little girl was once standing on the edge of a crowd while her daddy was giving a testimony about what Jesus Christ had done in his life. He was testifying how the Lord had saved and delivered him from his old lifestyle as a drunkard.
There was a cynic standing on the edge of the crowd that day who could not bear to hear anymore of this religious nonsense. So he yelled, "Why don't you just shut up and sit down, old man. You're just dreaming".
Soon, this skeptic felt a tug on his coat sleeve. He looked down and it was this little girl. She looked him square in the eyes and said, "Sir, that's my daddy you're talking about. You say that my daddy is a dreamer? Let me tell you about my daddy. My daddy used to be a drunkard and would come home at night and beat my mother. She would cry all night long. And mister, we didn't have good clothes to wear because my daddy would spend all his money on whiskey. Sometimes I didn't even have shoes to wear to school. But look at these shoes and look at my new dress! My daddy has a good job now".
Then pointing across the way, she said, "Do you see that woman smiling over there? That's my mother! She doesn't cry through the night anymore.
Now she sings".
 Then the knockout punch. She said, "Jesus has changed my daddy. Jesus has changed our home. Mister, if my daddy is dreaming, then please don't wake him up".

How To Prove God’s Existence

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I can’t
  see him, hear him, touch, taste, or smell him. Of course, the building is
  proof that there was a builder. In fact, I couldn’t want better evidence
  that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don’t
  need "faith" to know that there was a builder. All I need is eyes that can
  see and a brain that works.

Likewise, when I look at a painting, how can I know that there was a
  painter? Again, the painting is proof positive that there was a painter.
  I don’t need “faith” to believe in a painter because I can see the clear evidence.

The same principle applies with the existence of God. When I look at creation,
  how can I know that there was a Creator?

I can’t see Him, hear Him, touch Him, taste Him, or smell Him. How can I know
  that He exists? Why, creation shows me that there is a Creator. I couldn’t
  want better proof that a Creator exists than to have the creation in front
  of me. I don’t need faith to believe in a Creator; all I need is eyes that
  can see and a brain that works: “For the invisible things of Him from the
  creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that
  are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse".
  (Romans 1:20).

If, however, I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have
  faith in him. The same applies to God: "Without faith it is impossible to
  please Him: for He that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He
  is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him". (Hebrews 11:6).

Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.

--  To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@welovegod.org