Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Whipping

Posted by: KJack2072 <KJack2072@...>

>>       THE WHIPPING

>       There was a school with a class of students that no teacher had been able

>       to handle. Two or three teachers had been run off from this school in one year

>       by the unruly students. A young man, just out of college, heard about the

>       class and applied to the school.  The principal asked the young man, "Do

>       you know what you are asking for No one else has been able to handle these

>       students. You are just asking for a terrible beating.

>

>       After a few moments of silent prayer, the young man looked at the principal

>       and said, "Sir, with your consent I accept the challenge. Just give me a

>       trial basis."  The next morning the young man stood before the class. He

>       said to the class, "Young people, I came here today to conduct school. But

>       I realize I can't do it by myself. I must have your help.  "One big boy, they

>       called Big Tom, in the back of the room whispered to his buddies, "I won't

>       need any help. I can lick that little bird all by myself."

>

>       The young teacher told the class that if they were to have school, there

>       would have to be some rules to go by. But he also added that he would allow

>       the students to make up the rules and that he would list them on the

>       blackboard.

>

>       This was certainly different, the students thought! One young man suggested

>       "NO STEALING." Another one shouted "BE ON TIME FOR CLASS." Pretty soon

>       they had 10 rules listed on the board.

>

>       The teacher then asked the class what the punishment should be for breaking

>       these rules. "Rules are no good unless they are enforced", he said. Someone

>       in the class suggested that if the rules werebroken, they should receive 10

>       licks with a rod across their back with their coat off. The teacher thought

>       that this was pretty harsh, so he asked the class if they would stand by

>       this punishment. The class agreed.

>

>       Everything went along pretty good for two or three days. Then Big Tom came

>       in one day very upset. He declared that someone had stole his lunch. After

>       talking with the students, they came to the conclusion that little Timmyhad

>       stolen Big Tom's lunch. Someone had seen little Timmy with Big Tom's lunch!

>       The teacher called little Timmy up to the front of the room. Little Timmy

>       admitted he had taken Big Tom's lunch.

>

>       So the teacher asked him, "Do you know the punishment? Little Timmy nodded

>       that he did. "You must remove your coat," the teacher instructed. The little

>       fellow had come with a great big coat on.

>

>       Little Timmy said to the teacher, I am guilty and I am willing to take my

>       punishment, but please don't make me take off my coat. The teacher reminded

>       little Timmy of the rules and punishments and again told him he must remove

>       his coat and take his punishment like a man.

>

>       The little fellow started to unbutton that old coat. As he did so, the teacher saw he

>       did not have a shirt on under the coat. And evenworse, he saw a frail and bony

>       frame hidden beneath that coat. The teacher asked little Timmy why he had come

>       to school without a shirt on. Little Timmy replied, "My daddy's dead and my mother

>       is very poor. I don't have but one shirt, and my mother is washing it today.  I wore

>       my big brother's coat so that I could keep warm."

>

>       That young teacher stood and looked at the frail back with the spine protruding

>       against the skin, and his ribs sticking out. He wondered how he could lay a rod

>       on that little back and without even a shirt on. Still, he knew he must enforce the punishment or the children would not obey the rules. So he drew back to strike

>       little Timmy.

>

>       Just then Big Tom stood up and came down the aisle.  He asked, "Is there

>       anything that says that I can't take little Timmy's whipping for him?" The

>       teacher thought about it and agreed.  With that Big Tom ripped his coat off

>       and stooped and stood over little Timmy at the desk. Hesitatingly the

>       teacher began to lay the rod on that big back. But for some strange reason

>       after only five licks that old rod just broke in half.

>

>       The young teacher buried his face in his hands and began to sob.He heard a

>       commotion and looked up to find not even one dry eye in the room. Little

>       Timmy had turned and grabbed Big Tom around the neck apologizing to him for

>       stealing his lunch. Little Timmy begged Big Tom to forgive him. He told Big

>       Tom that he would love him till the day he died for taking his whipping for him.

>

>       Aren't you glad that Jesus took our whipping for us. That He shed His

>       precious blood on Calvary so that you and I can have eternal life in Glory

>       with Him? We are unworthy of the price He paid for us, but aren't you glad

>       He loves us that much?

>

>       This is a story everyone needs to know. So if you know anyone else who may

>       be blessed by this story, please pass it on.

>

>       God bless you, and keep you safe.  Most people's troubles come from too

>       much time on their hands and not enough on their knees.

>

>       For the Christian Prayer is not an option but an opportunity.

>

>       "In prayer; expect setbacks, but refuse retreat."

>

>       Don't tell the Lord how big the problem is, tell the problem how Great the

>       Lord is!

--  To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: pastormail-unsubscribe@welovegod.org