Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Vinegar Or Honey

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

<>< Vinegar Or Honey ><>

"They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips." -Psalm 140:3

Did you know that sometimes words can hurt just as much, if not more, than a physical blow to the body? That's right, for words spoken in anger, frustration, hatred, and jealousy have the capacity to cut deeply.

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, we say something we don't really mean, but once it has left our lips, it is too late, and the damage has been done, unless forgiveness is immediately sought.

We are all guilty of speaking unkindly or thoughtlessly at one time or another, but the way to make sure these times are few and far between with the goal of not again occurring, is practicing patience and love.

Just as a vipers tongue can be so quick it is barely visible to the human eye, we must practice thinking before we speak, rather than speaking then thinking (and often regretting). In order to do this we need patience; that unseen force which allows us to wait without becoming upset. Then, once in that holding pattern, we have better opportunity to think about what is the best way to respond to the matter at hand using wisdom, discretion and love, rather than anger or hate. When I refer to "best way," I am of course referring to the wisest way: God's way.

At the risk of using a worn and perhaps corny expression, I often ask myself, "What what Jesus do?" In conversation with another individual it would then translate to be, "What would Jesus say?"

Not one of us is perfect as we all have sinned in our life time, but this does not mean we still cannot reach for higher levels of godliness even by keeping watch on the purity of our speech. Will our words hold the bitterness of vinegar, or will they be sweetness to our soul?

Today, won't you consider if your words will be like honey or vinegar?

<>< The List To Live By ><>  

The most destructive habit..............................Worry

The greatest Joy.............................................Giving

The greatest loss......................Loss of self-respect

The most satisfying work....................Helping others

The ugliest personality trait....................Selfishness

The most endangered species........Dedicated leaders

Our greatest natural resource....................Our youth

The greatest "shot in the arm"...........Encouragement

The greatest problem to overcome......................Fear

The most effective sleeping pill............Peace of mind

The most crippling failure disease................Excuses

The most powerful force in life...........................Love

The most dangerous pariah......................A gossiper

The world's most incredible computer...........The brain

The worst thing to be without......................... Hope

The deadliest weapon.............................The tongue

The two most power-filled words................."I Can"

The greatest asset.........................................Faith

The most worthless emotion......................Self-pity

The most beautiful attire................................SMILE

The most prized possession....................... Integrity

The most contagious spirit....................Enthusiasm

Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.