Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

As I Dream of Heaven Thursday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

"As I Dream of Heaven"

Now everything is so lovely,
and a smile on every face.
And it's really hard to imagine,
there is just such a place.

The hearts of every person,
seem filled with love and care.
Everyone seems so peaceful,
as we walk around up there.

But then my heart starts racing,
and my mind begins to shriek.
"What if my Master turns to me,
and requires me to speak?"

All my life this is a dream,
I could not wait to seal.
And now I am so nervous,
of the time of when this is real.

I want to be so perfect,
so holy in front of Him.
For He is my only salvation,
the Almighty...the I Am.

"The Man Who Kept Christmas"

Once there was a man who enjoyed the spirit of Christmas that he decided to keep it always. So he put it in a large jar and set it on the mantelpiece, where it gave a lovely glow all through the Christmas season.

Soon after, however, there was quite a to-do, what with packing away the lights and ornaments and the manger scene, and getting the tree out of the house without it shedding too many needles.

Somewhere along the line, the jar with the Christmas spirit disappeared, and no one seemed to know where it had gone.
Months later, when rummaging about the attic, the man discovered the jar once more; and he was shocked to find the glow was gone. All gone! All that remained was a small, hard, black clinker that rattled thinly as he shook it.

The man brought the jar downstairs and regarded it thoughtfully for a long time. Then, he decided to do something about it. Before he went to bed that night, he got a little brown paper bag and filled it with some odds and ends he hadn't used for months.
During the days that followed, he distributed these odds and ends as he went about his daily duties: A pinch of Good Cheer here; a wish of Good Will there; some Charity, some Thoughtfulness - some Love.

And lo! One night he came home to find his jar of Christmas spirit glowing brightly as ever, shedding its radiance throughout the home and into the dark night beyond.
And ever since, he has kept the spirit of Christmas glowing.
Author Unknown

Have a Blessed day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

We do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from us it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than us, has forwarded it to you.

--  To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@welovegod.org