Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Branson and Storms

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

~~~ "Branson and storms" ~~~
Branson and I used to go for early morning walks
around the yard, before we moved back to the city.
Here is a story from one of our walks.

We went for a walk early one morning and as usual, my dog Branson, walked beside me. These early morning walks allowed me time to think about and talk to God. As I walked, I thought about
all of the things that were going on in my life. Worries, concerns, doubts, all were weighing heavily on my heart. Then, I heard the noise of gun shots in the distance.

Now, Branson is a great dog. She loves us, plays with every one, watches over our house, and loves to be petted and loved. She hates gun fire! She hates thunder! These scare her to the point of trembling. This morning was no different. She would shy away at the sound of each gun shot. I spoke to her to settle her down, but it seemed to do no good. Finally, I got a little frustrated with her.

"What are you afraid of?  Don't you know those shots are not meant for you?  Besides, I'm here with you and you have no reason to be afraid."

After that, as each storm came, Branson learned to trust me, because she knew I loved her and only wanted to help her.  Branson has learned to rely on me.

Have you ever talked to yourself without knowing it? The Lord spoke to my heart and told me pretty much what I had just told Branson. The distant rumble of my worries, concerns and doubts were simply that!  Distant!

I could not tell Branson what I had learned, but Our Father, talked to me and told me not to worry about the future.  I knew that day God would take care of us.

Althought it's not always easy for me to understand, I've learned that God has brought us through all of the worries and storms, without our help.  We rely on Him, just as Branson has learned to rely on me during storms.
Bigguy 2003
<>< Our Lives Are In God's Hands ><>

Our lives are in God's loving hands
We know this to be true,
For He is with us constantly
He's part of all we do.
And if our faith is strong enough
We'll never walk alone,
For with His great and perfect love
He takes care of His own.
So any time that trials or burdens
Seem to come your way,
Find strength and hope in knowing
God is with you every day.

<>< The Word ><> 

The Most Selfish One-Letter Word

"I"

Avoid It

The Most Satisfying Two-Letter Word

"WE"

Use It

The Most Poisonous Three-Letter Word

"EGO"

Kill It

The Most Used Four-Letter Word

"LOVE"

Value It

The Most Pleasing Five Letter Word

"SMILE"

Keep It

The Fastest Spreading Six-Letter Word

"RUMOUR"

Ignore It

The Hardest Working Seven Letter Word

"SUCCESS"

Achieve It

The Most Enviable Eight-Letter Word

"JEALOUSY"

Distance It

The Most Powerful Nine-Letter Word

"KNOWLEDGE"

Acquire It

The Most Essential Ten-Letter Word

"CONFIDENCE"

Trust It

Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.