Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Golden Windows Friday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

We hope you have been enjoying your summer and having fun times with your families and enjoying vacations.
We are going to take a break and will resume doing the paper Sept. 4th 2006.
Thank - you.

Golden Windows

There was a small boy living on a farm which seemed like so far away from every where. He needed to get up before sunrise every morning to start his chores and out again later to do the evening ones.

During sunrise he would take a break and climb up on the fence so in the distance he could see the house with golden windows. He thought how great it would be to live there and his mind would wander to imagine the modern equipment and appliances that might exist in the house. "If they could afford golden windows, then there must have other nice things." He then promised himself, "Some day I will go there and see this wonderful place."

Then one morning his father told him to stay at home and his father would do the chores. Knowing that this was his chance, he packed a sandwich and headed across the field towards the house with the golden windows.

As the afternoon went on, he began to realize how he misjudged the distance and something else was very wrong. As he approached the house, he saw no golden windows but instead a place with in bad need of a painting surrounded by a broken down fence. He went to the tattered screen door and knocked. A small boy very close to his age opened the door.

He asked him if he had seen the house with the golden windows. The boy said "Sure, I know." and invited him to sit on the porch. As he sat there, he looked back from where he just came where the sunset turned the windows on his home to Gold.

Just for Today

Decide to be happy today, to live with what is yours - your family, your business, your job, your luck. If you can't have what you like, maybe you can like what you have.

Just for today, be kind, cheerful, agreeable, responsive, caring, and understanding. Be your best, dress your best, talk softly, and look for the bright side of things. Praise people for what they do and do not criticize them for what they cannot do. If someone does something stupid, forgive and forget. After all, it's just for one day.

Who knows, it might turn out to be a nice day. 
"A Prayer For Getting Old"

Lord. Thou knowest I am growing older.

Keep me from becoming talkative and
possessed from the idea that I must
express myself on every subject.

Release me from the craving to straighten
out everyone's affairs.

Keep me from the recital of endless detail.
Give me wings to get to the point.

Seal my lips when I am inclined
to tell of my aches and pains.

They are increasing with the years and
my love to speak of them grows sweeter
as time goes by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that
occasionally I may be wrong.

Make me thoughtful but not nosey,
helpful but not bossy.

With my vast store of wisdom and experience
it does seem a pity not to use it all.

But Thou knowest, Lord, that I
want a few friends at the end.

Amen.

Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

We do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from us it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than us, has forwarded it to you.

-- To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@associate.com