Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Happy Mother's Day (idea-central) Special Edition

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

We would like to wish all Mother's a Happy Mother's day today.

"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.
But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M  - is for the million things she gave me,

O  - means only that she's growing old,

T - is for tears she shed to save me,

H - is for her heart of purest gold,

E - is for her eyes, with love light shining,

R -  means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell MOTHER
A word that means the world to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Mother's Day  ***

When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you.
You thanked her by crying all night long.

When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk.
You thanked her by running away when she called.

When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love.
You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.

When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons
You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.

When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays.
You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud

When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school.
You thanked her by screaming, "I'M NOT GOING!"

When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball.
You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.

When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream.
You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.

When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons.
You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.

When you were 10 years old she drove you all day, from soccer to Gymnastics to one birthday party after another.
You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.

When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies.
You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.

When you were 12 years old, she told you not to watch certain TV shows.
You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.

Those Teenage Years

When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.

When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp.
You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.

When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug.
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.

When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car.
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.

When you were 17, she was expecting an important call.
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.

When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.

Growing Old and Gray

When you were 19, she paid for your college tuition, drove you to campus, carried your bags.
You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.
When you were 20, she asked whether you were seeing anyone.
You thanked her by saying, "It's none of your business."

When you were 21, she suggested certain careers for your future.
You thanked her by saying, "I don't want to be like you."

When you were 22, she hugged you at your college graduation.
You thanked her by asking whether she could pay for a trip to Europe.

When you were 23, she gave you furniture for your first apartment.
You thanked her by telling your friends it was ugly.

When you were 24, she met your fiance and asked about your plans for the future.
You thanked her by glaring and growling, "Muuhh-ther, please!"

When you were 25, she helped to pay for your wedding, and she cried and told you how deeply she loved you.
You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.

When you were 30, she called with some advice on the baby.
You thanked her by telling her, "Things are different now."

When you were 40, she called to remind you of a relative's birthday.
You thanked her by saying you were "really busy right now."

When you were 50, she fell ill and needed you to take care of her.
You thanked her by reading about the burden parents become to their children.

And then, one day, she quietly died. And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder.

SHE IS YOUR HEART.
LOVE HER MORE THAN YOU LOVE YOURSELF.
LIFE IS MEANINGLESS WITHOUT HER.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*** THE OTHER WOMAN ***

After 21 years of marriage, I discovered a new way of keeping alive the spark of love.  A little while ago I had started to go out with another woman.  It was really my wife's idea.  "I know that you love her," she said one day, taking me by surprise.

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my mother,  who had been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.

That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie.  "What's wrong, are you well," she asked?  My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. 

"I thought that it would be pleasant to pass some time with you," I responded.  "Just the two of us." She thought about it for a moment then said "I would like that very much."

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up, I was a bit nervous.  When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date.  She waited in the door with her coat on.  She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary.
She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's.  "I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed," she said, as she got into the car.  "They can't wait to hear about our meeting".

We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy.  My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady.  After we sat down, I had to read the menu.  Her eyes could only read large print.

Half way through the entree, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me.  A nostalgic smile was on her lips.  "It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small,"she said.  "Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor,"I responded.

During the dinner we had an agreeable conversation - nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each others life.  We talked so much that we missed the movie.  As we arrived at her house later, she said "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed.

"How was your dinner date?" asked my wife when I got home.  "Very nice.  Much more so than I could have imagined," I answered.  A few days later my mother died of a massive heart attack.  It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her.
Some time later I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined.  An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance.  I was almost sure that I couldn't be there but, never-the-less, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife.  You will never know what that night meant for me.  I love you."

At that moment I understood the importance of saying, in time: "I LOVE YOU" and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve.  Nothing in life is more important than God and your family.  Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off to "some other time".

*** Why Women Cry ***

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are
you crying?"

"Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And
you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father,

"Why does mother seem to cry
for no reason?"

" All women cry for no reason," was all
his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man,
still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When
God got on the phone, he asked,
"God,why do women cry so easily?"

God said: " When I made the woman she
had to be special. I made her
shoulders strong enough to carry the
weight of the world, yet gentle
enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure
childbirth and the rejection
that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to
keep going when everyone else
gives up, and take care of her family
through sickness and fatigue
without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her
children under any and all
circumstances, even when her child has
hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband
through his faults and
fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good
husband never hurts his wife, but
sometimes tests her strengths and her
resolve to stand beside him
unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed.
This is hers exclusively to use
whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty
of a woman is not in the clothes
she wears, the figure that she carries,
or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in
her eyes, because that is the
doorway to her heart - the place where
love resides."

*** WHO IS MOTHER ***

Mother is half of the Father/Mother team, the one who gave birth to you as a child. When she first held you in her arms, she fell madly in love with you! She is the one that changed your diaper, gave you your bottle, bathed and dressed you. She is the one who tended to you when you were sick, wishes she could have bore your pain, but unable to even share it with you. There is none like a Mother.

If you have children, then you know what it's like to be a Mother. Often, it's a tough job, with unruly children, and many heartaches before they are grown. Sometimes a Mother is lucky that she has well-disciplined children, but only because she has done her best in order for them to be well-adjusted teenagers and later adults. Mostly, Mother sits and worries that she hasn't done her best with her children, especially if they don't turn out as she thought they should, with all the training she had given them.

Mother is a human being, capable of making mistakes. She is not perfect, just as none of us are perfect. But she is the one that we picture as being perfect during our childhood. As we become older, we realize that Mothers are capable of right and wrong ways of doing things, missing the mark, just as much as the next person. But she is still Mother. The thing that sets her apart is her everlasting love for her children and her intent that they lead normal, well-adjusted lives.

Not until we become adults, do we really begin to appreciate WHO Mother really is. She has nurtured you through your childhood, put up with your sassy ways and times of being lazy during your teenage years, and cried through your becoming an adult. But Mother was always there to encourage you when you made a mistake, although sometimes it's hard not to show disappointment {I am sure I've done that}.

As we grow older and have our own children, we realize that Mother was a very strong person, and we begin to wonder can we ever fit into her shoes. No, we wear our 'own shoes'........we can never do things the same as our Mother, although she has given us the pattern from which to build. IF we have a Godly Mother {I did!}, then we can bring up our children in the ways of God, so that when they grow older we have the assurance that some day they will live for God. After all, Proverbs 22:6 says "Train up a child in the ways he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Mothers are special. Is your Mother living today? If so, try to make this Mother's Day the most wonderful day of her life! Show her you care if only by telling her you love her. Take her out to eat, take her flowers, but show up on Mother's Day, if possible. You will never know how much this helps Mother to realize her family still cares. Sometimes we get busy doing the usual things in life, and lose sight of the most important aspects - loving our family. And Mother happens to be where that 'family' began. Without Mother, there would never have been a family. You might also tell Daddy that you are so happy that he chose Mother to be his wife. Make his eyes light up as well!!

M - Messenger, relaying God's Word

O - Outpouring of genuine Love

T - Trusts in God

H - Heart set on things above

E - Earthly saint

R - Rescuer of the Wayward

Have a Happy Mother's Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.