Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Inspiration for The Day

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

~**~ Inspiration for The Day ~**~

Remember this, a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
2 Corinthians 9-6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~**~ Finances ~**~

We are not always as eager to give, as we should be, not only of our finances, but of ourselves as well. If we were to be completely honest, we could admit that there are areas in our lives that we hold tightly to. We may be eager to give of our finances and greedy when it comes to offering our time or talents, or the reverse. We willingly offer our time, but hold on to our money. It doesn’t mean much if someone does something for you, or gives you something, but you know that in their heart they are begrudging it. I imagine God feels that way when we give ourselves, our money, and time but we have them clenched in our hands, as we stretch forth to turn them over to Him. If we sow nothing, we reap nothing. If pleasing God is our goal, we cannot possibly give too much and that is exactly what we will do, give willingly, and joyfully. God doesn’t need our money, but He wants to see our hearts changed. When our hearts change through Christ, our motive is not how much we will gain, but how much we can give. There is no limit to God’s wealth, and His resources never become drained. He satisfies every need. All we need is found in Him. We can surely afford to give our all to Him.

~**~ Prayer ~**~

All that we have is a result of Your blessings in our lives. We have received from Your hand joyfully and we open our hands today, willingly and joyfully, giving all that we have. Forgive us for the times we have attempted to hold on to things and our hearts begrudgingly gave out of necessity and not out of love. There is no limit to Your giving, and neither should there be with ours. We give You praise and thank You as we surrender all that we have and all that we are to You, Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~**~ Some Wise Words ~**~

ONE
 Give people more than they expect and
 do it cheerfully.

TWO
 Marry a man/woman you love to talk to.
 As you get older, their conversational skills
 will be as important as any other.

THREE
 Don't believe all you hear,
 spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR
 When you say, "I love you," mean it.

FIVE
 When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.

SIX
 Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN
 Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT
 Never laugh at anyone's dreams...
 People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE
 Love deeply and passionately.
 You might get hurt but--
 it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN
 In disagreements, fight fairly.
 No name calling.

ELEVEN
 Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE
 Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN
 When someone asks you a question
 you don't want to answer, smile and ask,
 "Why do you want to know?"

FOURTEEN
 Remember
 great love and great achievements
 involve great risk.

FIFTEEN
Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN
 When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

SEVENTEEN
 Remember the three R's:
 Respect for self;
 Respect for others; and
 Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN
 Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN
 When you realize you've made a mistake,
 take immediate steps to correct it. 

TWENTY
 Smile when picking up the phone.
 The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY-ONE
 Spend some time alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.