Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Jacqui/angora goats/kittens!

Posted by: dabanks <dabanks@...>

Hi all, thought I would ask a question totally off of the recent tragedies.
We just aquired an angora goat (free yearling...cute as a button!). Does anyone on the list have angora goats and if you do, do you shear them in the spring, or do you brush them out? Do you like working with the fiber from the angora goats?
Jacqui, being I have sheep, llama's and now an angora goat (along with several other breeds of goats), I am thinking about purchasing a spinning wheel. I have no idea how to use one and know nothing about them. Do you still sell them? (I think it was you who sold them??). Maybe you can either email me with info on them or send me some information? I would really appreciate it.
Also....everyone..I just got a new barn kitten today! CUTE!!! I am also getting 2 adult females tonight for the barn too! Vissy never came home and my other cat is lonely.
In a way, I feel so selfish writing this email when there is so much to be concerned about out there with the recent tragedies. Goats, spinning wheels and kittens are not amongst our priorities in our minds. I guess I have just looked around and realized how truely blessed we are and it sort of revitalized me. Take care and my prayers are with you all. Julie