Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

lunches and spring cleaning

Posted by: mestes <mestes@...>

I'm feeding a 17 year old, too. When he was 10 and eating all the time I thought that I was doing a LOT, now, I know that wasn't NOTHING compared to a 17 year old body builder!

He's impossible to keep up with. His girlfriends mom feeds him 2 or 3 days a week and I'm glad! He can eat a whole family meal worth of food for lunch if I don't watch him.

Some suggestions........

baked beans are good, filling and cheap

Tuna - he eats a lot of tuna.......good protien and cheap

Eggs - scrambled egg and cheese burritos freeze good.

Salads - very, very large ones 😉

Baked potatoes stuffed with anything he likes.

Spring Cleaning....

I don't have the coal or wood stuff to clean in the spring.....so I do more fall and winter cleaning. I can clean out a closet or deep clean the kitchen (the walls, under the stove, uuughgh) in the winter when we're trapped inside.

One of the things that suits me really well is to do it in tiny, tiny pieces.......30 minutes at a time is best for me. It doesn't overwhelm me and I don't feel burdened by it if I know that I'll be done for the day in 30 minutes (or 45 or whatever).

Now, why its a burden, I don't know. It's something I learned from my mom. Keeping a nice home shouldn't be a burden, its a joy. It's so much nicer to live in a clean, organized home than a messy place whith stuff screaming to be done. Doing much better with it these days than in the past.

The thing that I've done that's helped is making more organised places for stuff.

We took the end of an old baby bed and made a place to hang all my iron skillets in the kitchen. I had a cabinet made to put my canning jars and canner in. designed it to fit my canner and the spot in my kitchen.

I've got to get my room clean again. It seems to pile up quickly with stuff that doesn't have a home. I spied the suitcase today and decided to stash the coats that I bought for Caleb for the next two or three years in the suitcase. They'll store there really good.

Gonna run,

Dana