Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Re: [Christian-Vegan-Cooking] continued prayers

Posted by: cyberkat <cyberkat@...>

I hope I am not out of line for saying this. I have been through some tough times when my husband couldn't support the family, so I know that it can be difficult. My husband was unable to work for a year due to cancer and we did all his treatments at home because we couldn't afford medical care. He was very sick--only 110 pounds. We didn't want the chemo and radiation anyway. Another time he was in jail for a year.

During these hard times I homeschooled my three kids, babysat two different sets of twin boys plus 3 other children, cleaned houses, worked outside in the summer heat digging holes for landscaping and fruit trees and found other ways to earn money. We did not apply for welfare and we did not ask family or friends for help. We kept a garden going for food. We just lived simply. Of course I didn't have time for hobbies or for the internet--I didn't even have money to go online. I just prayed that God would keep my 25-year-old car going, which He did. (We sold our van so we could pay all our bills.) But my kids learned that sometimes God provides by blessing the effort you make for yourself.

Well, it all had a happy ending. My husband recovered from cancer. Three years after the jail sentence, one of his false accusers confessed. And we appreciate what we have more than ever. I never thought to complain because I was very busy. It kept me happy and peaceful. And I didn't have to try to "look sick" to get help. I hope no one is offended that I present a different perspective. I do not condemn going on welfare or asking for help in all cases. 🙂 KB
-----Original Message-----
To: Christian-Vegan-Cooking@yahoogroups.com <Christian-Vegan-Cooking@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Christian-Vegan-Cooking] continued prayers

cry out lood to those that have your husband.. even if you have todrag those cuties with
you...let them know that you mean business..and you want justice... be a
thorn in their side.. if you are of anglo persuasian...put on some
lighter make up and look sick..[i am sure you will have a hard
time looking like that..cause you eat right] but some times you got to
look the part before they can look at you and pay some attention to your needs and troubles..
let me know how things go..your friend helen

HELEN
ABLACKBERRYPIE@JUNO.COM