Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

re; geography

Posted by: empalo <empalo@...>

Greetings Deanna and all,

My oldest daughter used only BJU for her high school and it well prepared her for college, actually
she has a 3.76 gpa at the university of Texas in Austin which is a hard school.
In her first two years she felt like the work was so simple because of what she learned from the BJU
books. She never studied her first two years.

I will share with you that I was kinda lax in my homeschooling early on, then after my oldest went off
to college, I got a bit harder with the other ones and we are now pursuing a more classic curriculum
and include Latin, the classics and lots of poetry. These really up the SAT scores. I use almost
all BJU books for the high school children.
Even if they chose not to go the college road, they will not have lost anything.

We do supplimented BJU books with some fun things that pertained to the lessons.
And for
writing I never used their books but used a curriculum from the people in Elm Mott Texas.
It is the best I have ever seen and I have used it for my own writing.
Its called "Right Words" and its the best I have seen. MY oldest was a tearful writer, and
in a few months time she was entering writting contest and winning. With the other children
they missed the difficult times with writing and now are very good poets and essayist.

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes tonight, but I am taking some medication for muscle problems
and I am just not used to taking meds. It has my brain a bit slow.

lovingly,
Pat