Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Street Preacher Mike Friday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

"Street Preacher Mike"

"For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6

Two elderly women were window-shopping and strolling downtown. A small commotion in front of the local soup kitchen caught their attention.

"What's going on?" asked Helen.

"Oh, that's just street preacher Mike talking to the young people!" replied Bertha, a stout, white-haired lady. She continued, "He's been coming here for at least ten years, and everyone just seems to love him!"

Helen watched in amazement because she had never seen so many young people seem so interested to hear the word of God.

"Let's go watch," said Helen as she grabbed Bertha's arm and urged her closer to the gathering.

Being a former school teacher, Helen was impressed at how wise beyond his years street preacher Mike was. The words he spoke touched the core of her heart, and she just knew this had to be a man who spent much of his life in college or seminary, gaining theology degrees, and the like.

When street preacher Mike finished, Helen quickly approached him. Grabbing his hand and cupping it with the other, she stated, "What a wonderful job you do here! What university did you attend? I bet your parents must be very proud of you!"

Street preacher Mike smiled gently, and replied, "Well, thank you ma'am, but I've never known my parents. The closest thing I had to parents was a nice teacher I used to have in elementary school who took a special interest in me. And, I regret to say that while I would have loved to attend college, I didn't have the means to do so. "

Helen patted street preacher Mike's hand, and said warmly, " There is the knowledge one can obtain within the walls of a school, and then there is a type of wisdom that comes from one source alone; God. You may not have known your earthly father, but your heavenly Father certainly knows who you are!"

Street preacher Mike nodded, and before he could say another word, a young girl yelled out, "C'mon preacher Mike! We're waiting for you!"

With that, the two new friends smiled and parted ways. However, as Helen and Bertha crossed the street, Helen suddenly remembered something the street preacher said, and immediately yelled out, "Pastor! What was the name of the elementary teacher you said was nice to you?"

Street preacher Mike waved and then shouted, "Helen! Her name was Helen!"

While you have your cup of coffee, set back and read about HELLO.
Have you ever thought what this word stands for? Read on....
Do you know that a simple "hello" can be a sweet one?
The word 
HELLO means:

H=How are you?
E= Everything all right?
L= Like to hear from you
L= Love to see you soon!
O=Obviously, You are my friend. So, HELLO!

It has made me smile every time I say hello since then so send this message to the people you care about.
Just thinking of you!

May today there be peace within you. May you trust your God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

I hope you are drinking from your saucer too...

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.
And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough
But I've got loving ones all around me,
and that makes me rich enough.
I thank God for his blessings,
and the mercies He's bestowed.

I remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and the sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe,
about the tough rows I have hoed.

If God gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already blessed enough.
And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,

When I think of how many people in this world have it worse than I do,  I realize just how blessed we really are.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures.

"Ingredients For a Wedding"

Ingredients
4-lb of love
1-lb of youth
0.5-lb of good looks
1-lb of sweet temper
1-lb of blindness to faults
1-lb of self-forgetfulness
1-lb of powdered wit
1-lb of good humor
2 -tbsp of sweet argument
1- pint of rippling laughter
1- wine glass of common sense
1- oz of modesty

Put the love, good looks and sweet temper into a well-furnished house.
Beat the butter of youth to a cream and mix well to blindness of faults.

Stir the pounded wit and good humor in to the sweet argument; then add
the rippling laughter and common sense. Work the whole together until everything is mixed and bake gently forever.
(Found in a church book of recipes about 1900AD)

Have a Blessed Weekend
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

We do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from us it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than us, has forwarded it to you.

-- To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@associate.com