Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

That's My Daddy Wednesday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

Please keep Niki in prayers as she continues to show signs of improvement. Our prayers are being answered and Niki is showing signs of Miracles every day now.

That's My Daddy

A little girl was once standing on the edge of a crowd while her daddy was giving a testimony about what Jesus Christ had done in his life. He was testifying how the Lord had saved and delivered him from his old lifestyle as a drunkard.
There was a cynic standing on the edge of the crowd that day who could not bear to hear anymore of this religious nonsense. So he yelled, "Why don't you just shut up and sit down, old man. You're just dreaming".
Soon, this skeptic felt a tug on his coat sleeve. He looked down and it was this little girl. She looked him square in the eyes and said, "Sir, that's my daddy you're talking about. You say that my daddy is a dreamer? Let me tell you about my daddy. My daddy used to be a drunkard and would come home at night and beat my mother. She would cry all night long. And mister, we didn't have good clothes to wear because my daddy would spend all his money on whiskey. Sometimes I did n't even have shoes to wear to school. But look at these shoes and look at my new dress! My daddy has a good job now".
Then pointing across the way, she said, "Do you see that woman smiling over there? That's my mother! She doesn't cry through the night anymore.
Now she sings".
Then the knockout punch. She said, "Jesus has changed my daddy. Jesus has changed our home. Mister, if my daddy is dreaming, then please don't wake him up".

Stop, Look and Listen

Stop

Take a deep breath

Where you able to do it?

Did it hurt?

Be Thankful

Stop

Can you see the screen?

Of course you can or else you wouldn't be reading this.

Be Thankful

Stop

Listen carefully

What do you hear?

This is what I hear

1. An airplane overhead

2. Birds chirping

3. The kids voices

4. A chair sliding across the floor

5. My breathing

6  A ceiling fan whirling

7. A tone coming from who knows where

8. The keyboard clicking as I type

9. Faint noises that I can't identify

Be Thankful

Did you Stop, Look and Listen during the last two days?

We take so much for granted.

We have so much to be thankful for.

We rarely stop, look, and listen.

We rarely give thanks to be able to do such simple things as

look and listen.

Have a Blessed Day

Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.

--  To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@welovegod.org