Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Duck and the Devil Friday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

"The Duck and the Devil"

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm.  He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods.   He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target.  Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner.  As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck.

Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it.   He was shocked and grieved.
In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching!  Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes."  But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen.  Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?  So Johnny did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper."
Sally just smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help.?  She whispered again, ?Remember the duck?  So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.
After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's.... He finally couldn't stand it any longer.
He came to grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug, and said,  "Sweetheart, I know.
You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you I forgave you.  I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you."
Thought for the day and every day thereafter?
Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done ... And the devil keeps throwing it up in your face. (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc.)  whatever it is ... You need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing .... He has seen your whole life.  He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven.
He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you.  The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets.... It is by God's grace and mercy that we are saved.
Go ahead and make the difference in someone's life today.  Share this with a friend and always remember:

GOD IS AT THE WINDOW.

"Train of Life"

Some folks ride the train of life
Looking out the rear,
Watching miles of life roll by,
And marking every year.
They sit in sad remembrance,
Of wasted days gone by,
And curse their life for what it was,
And hang their head and cry.
But I don't concern myself with that,
I took a different vent,
I look forward to what life holds,
And not what has been spent.

So strap me to the engine,
As securely as I can be,
I want to be out on the front,
To see what I can see.
I want to feel the winds of change,
Blowing in my face,
I want to see what life unfolds,
As I move from place to place.

I want to see what's coming up,  
Not looking at the past,
Life's too short for yesterdays,
It moves along too fast.
So if the ride gets bumpy,
While you are looking back,

Go up front, and you may find,
Your life has jumped the track.

It's all right to remember,
That's part of history,
But up front's where it's happening,
There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living,
Is not where we have been,
It's looking ever forward,
To another year and ten.

It's searching all the byways,
Never should you refrain,
For if you want to live your life,
You gotta drive the train!
Author Unknown

Have a Blessed Weekend
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

We do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from us it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than us, has forwarded it to you.

-- To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@associate.com