Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

THE LORD'S PRAYER Monday

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

"THE LORD'S PRAYER"

I cannot pray "OUR," if my faith has no room for others and their need.

I  cannot pray "FATHER," if I do not demonstrate this relationship to God in my daily living.

I cannot pray "WHO ART IN HEAVEN," if all of my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.

I cannot pray "HALLOWED BE THY NAME," if I am not striving for God's help to be holy.

I cannot pray "THY KINGDOM COME," if I am unwilling to accept God's rule in my life.

I cannot pray "THY WILL BE DONE," if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in my life.

I cannot pray "IN EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN," unless I am truly ready to give myself to God's  service here and now.

I cannot pray   "GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD," without expending
honest effort for it or if I would withhold from my neighbor the bread I receive.

I cannot pray "FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US," if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.

I cannot pray "LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION," if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot pray "DELIVER US FROM EVIL," if I am not prepared to fight with my life and my prayer.

I cannot pray "THINE IS THE KINGDOM," if I am unwilling to obey the King.

I cannot pray "THINE IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY," if I am seeking power for myself and my own glory first.

I cannot pray 'FOREVER AND EVER," if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.

I cannot pray "AMEN," unless I  honestly say "Not MY will, but THY will be done, so let it be.

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your heavenly Father knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask Him."       Matthew 6:7-8

"God Are You There?"

My Mom is sick, I'm just a kid, Was it something that I did? Why did she suffer for so long? Was it something I did wrong?

My Mom died today, she was only 43. Tell me Lord, was it because of me? God – are You there?

My sister died today at 25, Hardly time to be alive. When she was born, I carried her home from the hospital on my knee. I'm older Lord. Why not me? God - are You there?

My brother left the house today, He's been gone seven years now 'til this day. Is he alive, is he dead? Can we lay him to rest… A stone pillow at his head? God – are You there?

The wife I loved left me today, She took the four things I held most precious all away. And now my earthen father has disowned me. Hasn't he read about the Bible's son of prodigy? God – are You there?

Father why have you givenn me this cup You asked as such at Your last sup? God – why have You abandoned me?? Why not just nail me to a tree? God – are You there? God – do do You hear? God – do You ever care? God – please hear my prayer.

But is it really God who brings us pain, Far from His heavenly kingdom Where He holds reign? Or do we ourselves create Problems, anger, war, and hate?

All together or all alone, We still have one voice. And You gave Your only son That we may have a choice. For God still loves the innocent And those that suffer most. I am responsible for my own descent, After all – it is I who turned from Your host.

When You gave Your only Son Your love for me You professed. And though at times I feel alone, Alone they nailed You to that tree, I am most truly blessed.

So instead of asking God – are You there? Thank You God for all You have given me, Including the cross You have given me to bear.
Chuck Simons

Don't tell God how Big your storm is.
Tell the storm how Big your GOD is !

Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

We do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from us it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than us, has forwarded it to you.

Normal Subscribe: idea-central-subscribe@welovegod.org
Normal Unsubscribe: idea-central-unsubscribe@welovegod.org

Web Subscribe: idea-central-allow-subscribe@welovegod.org
Web Unsubscribe: idea-central-allow-unsubscribe@welovegod.org

Email Group Owner: idea-central-owner@associate.com

--  To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: idea-central-unsubscribe@welovegod.org