Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Ugh.....

Posted by: dhaley <dhaley@...>

We just discovered that the mare we are boarding for my brother is most likely pregnant.  They said their gelding was too small and too young to have bred this mare before he was gelded.  When we inquired further he was 1 1/2 years old when he was gelded and although small...it was possible.  The mare is bagging up and she's got a huge belly. We had thought it was a hay belly.

I can't believe we are dealing with this in winter.  We really can't change the situation and I've never foaled a horse before so this should be an experience.  Thankfully we do have a stall available since I sold so many goats.  The mare is skittish and not well trained so this will be an adventure...not to mention we are clueless as to WHEN she will foal.  We may try to get her ultrasounded.  This will be her second foal and she had no problems last time but she foaled in a nice warm Spring in Washington state...not frozen ND in the winter.

Deanna

--Shortcuts:   WANNA READ THE ARCHIVES AND CATCH UP ON WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING??? GO TO:----> welovegod.org/mimerdesk/  Sign in or join up and then sign in..... Under my groups, click on HomesteadHeaven.  Then under latest email messages you can click on any message and read.  Once on any message there is a link at the top of the message to go to threads by date.  --  Associate.com - THE Place to Associate!                   associate.com Is Your E-mail Group Here? Visit welovegod.org/faq/your-list-here.shtml