Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Virus Beware

Posted by: smarties <smarties@...>

Hi Everyone,

I noticed someone pointed out that we need to be careful of viruses when opening attachments. I want to share something that happen to me just last week.
I recieved an email, from what looked like a group I belong to. It had a copy of my message, along with the added phrase, take a look at the file(or something like it). The topic we had been discussing was registration for llamas, and it looked legit. Well it wasn't! It was a trojan virus. Luckily the group moderator picked up that it was coming through, disguised as from the list, and warned everyone. It was too late for me but I was able to identify the invected files and delete them. One thing I learned the first time a virus crashed our system was, if you suspect you have a virus, never, never shut down your system. That often activates them or erases files that make it impossible for you to load back up and get your system cleaned. Personally I will never open an attachment again without first expecting it, and second confirming that the person in question sent it if I wasn't expecting it. I hope this is helpful to someone.
TTFN
Jacqui

Nature Wood Farm
Colored Angoras, Purebred Toggenburgs,
Llamas, Olde English Southdown Sheep
smarties@jam21.net