Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What It Means To Be Poor

Posted by: bigguyhereagain <bigguyhereagain@...>

*** What It Means To Be Poor ***

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people can be. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad." "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked. "Oh Yeah" said the son. "So what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.
We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them."

With this the boy's father was speechless. Then his son added, "Thanks dad for showing me how poor we are."

<>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< +<>< + <>< + <>< + <><

*** Mommy's Little Angel Girl ***

There came a frantic knock At the doctor's office door, A knock,
more urgent than he had ever heard before.
"Come in, Come in," the impatient doctor said, "Come in, Come in,
before you wake the dead."
In walked a frightened little girl, a child no more than nine, It was
plain for all to see, she had troubles on her mind.
"Oh doctor, I beg you, please come with me, My mother is surely
dying, she's as sick as she can be."
"I don't make house calls, bring your mother here," "But she's too
sick, so you must come or she will die I fear.
" The doctor, touched by her devotion, decided he would go, She said
he would be blessed, more than he could know.
She led him to her house where her mother lay in bed, Her mother was
so very sick she couldn't raise her head.
But her eyes cried out for help and help her the doctor did, She
would have died that very night had it not been for her kid.
The doctor got her fever down and she lived through the night, And
morning brought the doctor signs, that she would be all right.
The doctor said he had to leave but would return again by two, And
later he came back to check, just like he said he'd do.
The mother praised the doctor for all the things he'd done, He told
her she would have died, were it not for her little one.
"How proud you must be of your wonderful little girl, It was her
pleading that made me come, she is really quite a pearl!
"But doctor, my daughter died over three years ago, Is the picture on
the wall of the little girl you know?"
The doctors legs went limp for the picture on the wall, Was the same
little girl for whom he'd made this call.
The doctor stood motionless, for quite a little while, And then his
solemn face, was broken by his smile.
He was thinking of that frantic knock heard at his office door, And
of the beautiful little angel that had walked across his floor.

<>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< + <>< +<>< + <>< + <>< + <><

*** Really See God ***
A small boy once approached his slightly older sister with a question about God. "Susie, can anybody ever really see God?"  he asked.

Busy with other things, Susie curtly replied: "No, of course not silly. God is so far up in heaven that nobody can see Him."

Time passed, but hisquestion still lingered so he approached his mom: "Mom, can anybody
ever really see God?"

"No, not really," she gently said. "God is a spirit and He dwells in our hearts, but we can never really see Him."

Somewhat satisfied but still wondering, the youngster went on his way. Not long afterwards, his saintly old grandfather took the little boy on a fishing trip. They were having a great time together--it had been an ideal day. The sun was beginning to set with unusual splendor as the day ended. The old man stopped fishing and turned his full attention to the exquisite beauty unfolding before him.

On seeing the face of his grandfather reflecting such deep peace and contentment as he gazed into the magnificent ever-changing sunset, the little boy thought for a moment and finally spoke hesitatingly: "Granddad, I--I-- wasn't going to ask anybody else, but I wonder if you can tell me the answer to something I've been wondering about a long time--can anybody--can anybody ever really see God?"

The old man did not even turn his head.  A long moment slipped by before he finally answered. "Grandson," he quietly said. "It's getting so I can't see anything else."

Have a Blessed Day
Dave and Barbara

Necessary Legal Information

I do not mail idea-central  unsolicited. If you are receiving this newsletter from me it's because you have subscribed to this mailing list. If you receive this newsletter and are not a subscriber then someone, other than me, has forwarded it to you.