Peace that passes all understanding
Where can you get peace?
In our highly commercialized world, it seems almost everything has an owner/seller – so who owns PEACE, and how can we acquire it?
But first, is there a market for peace? In other words, who wants it? Are there a lot of potential people who want it?
Anyone surrounded and hounded by these kinds of people and thoughts will be wanting peace:
- unjust – lacking justice
- unpure (perverse)
- selfish, rude
- wanting the worst, sub-par
- constantly critical
I think everyone will be wanting peace, don’t you?
The bible tells us who owns peace:
- the peace of God (Philippians 4:7)
- Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let all men know your forbearance. The Lord is at hand. Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- the peace of Christ (Colossians 3:15)
- And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
If you want real peace, God can provide it.