A Young Man’s VowRecognizingthat growing up Is to a large extent a matter of becoming more responsiblefor both myself and for others, I pledge to strive for maturity by exercisingrestraint and by foregoing those activities which would be hurtful to theyoung women in my life. My responsible and loving concern for them willbe evidenced by the following:
- I will never ask agirl to compromise her moral responsibility for my pleasure, even thoughwe may have strong feelings for each other.
- I will never jeopardizeany young woman’s mental or physical health, her self-respect, her reputation,or her educational or other future plans by engaging in sexual activitywith her outside of marriage.
- I will never riskfathering my children in situations wherein their mother and I are notmarried and prepared to give them the long-term loft care to which everychild to entitled
- I will never attemptto use another human being to prove anything about myself.
- I will never ask anotherperson to prove her feelings for me by any actions which either of us suspectto be improper.
- I will not engagein conversation in which women are spoken of In a degrading fashion,
- I will promote healthyrelationships between women and myself, and prevent destructive attitudes,however subtle, from taking hold in me by avoiding materials in which womenare degraded or in any way depicted as less than human beings deservingof love and respect.
- I will never attemptto influence the behavior of others for the pleasure of exercising powerover them, especially in matters of sexual activity.
Aware of thosebenefits which I desire for the lives of those I care about I now confidentlyand proudly sign this pledge In the presence of the undersigned witnessesthis day.