Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

AM Sermon

Posted by: preachone <preachone@...>

Hello Dear Pastors,

I have been a bit slack in getting my sermons on PastorMail. So, I want to redeem myself by placing my Sunday Morning Sermon on. I Pray it will be a Blessing to everyone and be useful as well. God Bless.

Brother Wade

Coming Back to the New Testament Church

Acts 2:41-47

I once saw a Commercial on TV. The Punch line when something like this; We have come a long way Baby. As we look at the Scripture today concerning the New Testament Church, I must say we have come a long way Baby. But, it has been the wrong Way. We need to come back to what has worked in the Local Church.

1They Received the Word of God Gladly: Verse 41

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The Word of God Defines the Church. The Word of God is NOT:

A Set of Ideas to follow A Persons Thoughts

A Set of Rules and Principles A Human Philosophy

A Position to follow A religion to study

What should we do with this Word?

Welcome it Believe it Take it in

Practice it Experience it Hold on to it

Hunger for it Rejoice in it Share it to all

Acts 6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

2They Continued Stedfastly: Verse 42:

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

This word means that they Persevered, Endured, and Persisted. In what? In Four (4) Major things:

IN DOCTRINE: Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

IN FELLOWSHIP: Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

IN THE LORDS SUPPER: Do this in Remember of me.

IN PRAYER: Psalms 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING!

3They Stirred Souls with a Godly Fear: Verse 43:

Isaiah 50:10 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

A Godly Fear of His Displeasure and Judgment

A Godly Fear of His Presence

A Godly Fear is His Working

A Godly Reverence of what is Happening

A Godly Sense of Awe and Wonder.

4They Were Together Sharing in the Ministry: Verses 44-45: In other Words; THERE WAS UNITY WITHIN THE CHURCH AS IT SHOULD BE TODAY.

Psalms 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

The Professing Believers were true Believers

They Were Together with the same Call, Vision, & Purpose. (Explain how this is not so in churches today)

They had No Problem giving when there was a need.

YOU CANNOT BE UNIFIED IF YOU ARE MAD AT SOMEONE!

5They Were Unified in their Efforts: Verse 46A:

The Words used One Accord means of the same Mind, Oneness of Mind and Heart. This means they were:

THEY WERE ONE ACCORD IN WORSHIP: Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomons porch.

THEY WERE ONE ACCORD IN OBEDIENCE: Acts 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

THEY WERE ONE ACCORD IN BUSINESS MEETINGS: Acts 15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

THEY WERE ONE ACCORD IN GLORFYING GOD: Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

6They Worshiped and Praised God Daily: Verse 46B-47:

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalms 57:9 I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.

Note the Five things they did in Worship and Praise:

They Worship in the Temple Praying and Attending Regular Worship.

They Worshipped in Their Homes actually moving from House to House (Cottage Prayer Meetings)

They Worshipped with Gladness and Singleness of Hears. (Singleness means Sincere and without hardness)

They Praised God openly and without fear.

The Results were Twofold:

o They Gained Favor with all People.

o The Lord Added to the Local ChurchSaved.

Closing Comments: I want to leave you with one more Scripture: Acts 11:21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Yes, we have come a long way but we have come a long way the wrong way. It is now time to turn back to God. I want all of you here today to Experience God. Experience Him right here, right now, and today.

According to the First New Testament Church, do we stack up to it? Are we in line with that First New Testament Church? Do We:

RECEIVE THE WORD OF GOD GLADLY?

CONTINUE STEDFASTLY IN DOCTRINE, FELLOWSHIP, THE LORDS SUPPER, AND PRAYER?

STIR SOULS WITH A GODLY FEAR?

SHARE THE MINISTRY TOGETHER?

UNITED IN OUR EFFORTS?

WORSHIP AND PRAISE GOD DAILY?