Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

[Fwd: Daily Devotional for Wednesday, April 8, 2009]

Posted by: masinick <masinick@...>

Dear friends,

This daily devotional rings true with me.  There is a time to speak and there is a time to be silent.  Many times in the past, I have spoken when it would have been much better to remain silent, so I am convicted by the behavior of my Lord, Jesus Christ, when He was confronted by His accusers.

The Old Testament book of Ecclesiastes has something to say about this. 

Ecclesiastes 3

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

The question I pose for all of us to consider is "How do we know the right time for these various activities?"  The Bible is clear about that, too.  God's Word to us, directly inspired by God, written down by men and women, provides every answer that we need.  Actively reading the Bible, getting to know all of it, then regularly reading it and then thinking about what it says, seeking God in prayer provide every foundation necessary.  That won't give us the answer to everything right away, but when we are consistently in the Word of God and sensitive to the Holy Spirit of God at work in the true believer's heart, then The Spirit will reveal to us the answers that we need for whatever task or event we are facing in our lives.

Seek out the Holy Spirit.  If you are a genuine believer and you have trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, then the Holy Spirit of God lives within you.  If you are not certain of this, then it is a step that you have yet to take and you remain lost.  Make absolutely certain that you are found in Christ.  Seek the Bible for the truth rather than the words of men.  Don't just take my word for it, make certain for yourself.  I can assure you of one thing: the certainty of a home reserved for you in Heaven, the certainty of the Holy Spirit living within you, to be found and saved from the lost state that we once all experienced is the most comforting and assuring experience in this life; it is the intent of God, yet God wants each of us to come to Him freely, not forced.  Therefore, I simply appeal to you to make your eternal destination certain - today, if you have any doubts.  You can contact me if you are not certain of what this means.

Yours in Christ,
Brian

--  To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: 1corinthians7-unsubscribe@welovegod.org