Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

[Fwd: My Utmost For His Highest : "The Overshadowing Personal Deliverance"]

Posted by: masinick <masinick@...>

Dear friends,

Since I stopped writing "Word for Today" on a daily basis, when I do share something, most often it is something inspired either by something written by the theology teacher, Oswald Chambers, or one of my prayer partners on the Internet, my decade long friend, Larry Davies.

We do not always agree 100% with what these fine gentlemen write.  After all, they have flesh, they have particular doctrines that they believe in, and we have our own beliefs - and hopefully a solid doctrine of our own that is firmly centered in the Word of God.

The passage that caught my eye in Oswald's message that I would like to share with you today is this one:

"Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it. If we look for justice, we will begin to grouse and to indulge in the discontent of self-pity - Why should I be treated like this? If we are devoted to Jesus Christ we have nothing to do with what we meet, whether it is just or unjust. Jesus says - 'Go steadily on with what I have told you to do and I will guard your life. If you try to guard it yourself, you remove yourself from My deliverance.'" emphasis mine.

If we are genuinely "walking by faith" in obedience to Jesus Christ, then we will adopt two things that we follow eagerly and with enthusiam: Trust and Obey.  These are evidences of our faith, and they demonstrate that we:

1. Believe - we believe that Jesus is the Christ, therefore we have faith.
2. We read the Bible.  The Bible says in Romans 10:17 that faith comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God.  If we accept that and believe it, we have faith.
3. If we go the next step and obey it, that means doing something, then there is action to our faith.  James 2:17, in some well known words, says that faith without works is dead.  In 1 John 3:18 we read the same thing: Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

All of these things demonstrate that we believe God at His Word, which God credits as righteousness: Romans 4:3, Galatians 3:8, and James 2:23 all agree on this point.

I pray that you read Oswald's passage, find something in it to explore on your own - and do that by reading from God's Word.  Whether you personally agree with Oswald or not, God will bless you when you read His Word, look at His truth, trust Him at His word, and act upon it.  I also pray that you will regularly use the combination of reading God's Word, pray (discuss it with God), and use that formula every day for making God-based decisions in your life.  To me, that kind of living is honoring to God.  Even with that, none of us are perfect, we still make mistakes, maybe even misinterpreting God's Word at times.  His grace is there to forgive us - as long as we ask to be forgiven and turn away (repent) from our previous behavior.

Are these the marks of the lifestyle that you lead?

Yours in Christ,
Brian