Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Oct. 2013 Testimony, Marriage, Recipes, Quilting, Tips, Essential Oils

Posted by: jhbreneman <jhbreneman@...>

HEART TO HEART NEWSLETTER 

ENCOURAGEMENT TO WOMEN

Compiled especially for you with love by Lois Breneman    
A categorized storehouse of information for you from past newsletters,
plus a second blog just for recipes! 
   ~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~
Oct. 2013 Testimony, Marriage, Recipes, Quilting, Tips, Essential Oils
~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~

TO SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE, OR CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS: 

New Subscribers: Please e-mail your name, city, state, and name of your referral person to jhbreneman@juno.com
Example of New Subscriber Info:  Sunny Marlow - Gatlinburg, TN - Referral: Joy Blake in PA
Change of E-mail Address: Name: Deb York - Old: deby@yahoo.com - New: deby@gmail.com
To Unsubscribe: Please reply to this newsletter. (Yahoo subscribers not on Master List)
Please do not use heart2heart@welovegod.org to subscribe, unsubscribe or correspond.
It is used to send newsletters except to Yahoo subscribers.  Thanks so much!

IN THIS ISSUE:

PERSONAL TESTIMONY REGARDING SCRIPTURE MEMORY
FIVE THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN BEFORE I WAS MARRIED
HEALTHIER COFFEE
CHICKEN CORN SOUP
GINGER BROCCOLI BEEF STIR FRY
APPLE GINGER SALAD
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE SPICE MIX
LEARN HOW TO QUILT
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS
WHAT IS AN ESSENTIAL OIL?
THE VERSATILITY AND BENEFIT IN USING ESSENTIAL OILS
PRECIOUS GEMS

PERSONAL TESTIMONY REGARDING SCRIPTURE MEMORY
by Madeline Trotman - Used by permission
Note from Lois about Madeline: Madeline has faithfully been ministering to international students at the University of Virginia for about twenty-eight years.  Because of her great love for them, as well as her gospel witness, many internationals have put their faith and trust in the Lord.  Many have also gone back to their native land as a witness for Jesus.  She keeps in contact with quite a few international graduates after they leave, as they continue to look to Madeline for mentoring in the faith.  She's an amazing lady!
Recently I was discussing with a friend the benefits of fixing the Word of God in our hearts.  We were e-mailing, and I decided to put my personal experience into my communication with this person.

I wanted to share it with you, because I want to encourage you and be open about my own experience regarding Scripture memory.

"Dawson has started the book, Borden of Yale...from the 1800's.  He read a thought to me last night, which has really grasped my attention.  Borden said he wanted to be God-governed, not self-governed.  This hit me between the eyes -- because the upshot of Scripture memory brings about the changing of our thought patterns.  To me, to be God-governed...the bottom line is the way we think.

For example, at one time in my life, I deeply lacked His peace, because of accusing thoughts from the enemy...to drag me down and keep me from experiencing God's love and the renewing of my mind from His Truth.  When I was younger, even in elementary school, any little party I went to, or a group I would be around, I always thought I was not as good as the rest of the girls, or that I was unimportant.  I never saw myself as an equal, and I always felt other girls didn't like me.  This may have resulted because of being raised in a poor family, and a family where my papa never hugged me or showed affection, or praised me, or cheered me on.  And he was angry most of the time.  So I lacked peace within.

Consequently my Heavenly Father had a big job to do in my mind and my thoughts...to change my thought patterns and teach me to think according to His love, the way of His Spirit, His love upon me, His call upon me, His purpose and worthiness of me because He dwells in me.

So I learned to repent of thoughts that were not Scriptural...and the enemy seems to know how to get us to focus on ourselves, rather than to think according to what He has said to us, revealed to us, and taught us.  Deeply I had to seek God about my thoughts.  I claimed Romans 8:1 in the King James.  There is now NO CONDEMNATION (putting self down) to those who are in the Spirit.  So God showed me that to be following the Spirit I was to repent of thoughts that were evil (down on myself), and claim, believe, and stand on the proclamation of His love, His heart for me, His substance within me.  So. you can see that I had plenty of warfare to see the enemy defeated.  And God tells us the Sword of the Spirit is His Word.

Praise HIM!  It was reviewing, hiding, fixing His truth in my heart...and meditating on this, believing it, digesting, applying it, that changed my thought patterns and my life!!

WOW!  How I praise HIM for the beauty and power of His Word."

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds." ~ Deuteronomy 11:18
"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly..." ~ Colossians 3:16
"...the Word is very neat you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it." ~ Deuteronomy 30:14
"Be renewed in the spirit of your mind." ~ Ephesians 4:23
"...be transformed by the renewing of your mind." ~ Romans 12:1
"I have hidden your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." ~ Psalm 119:11

FIVE THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN BEFORE I WAS MARRIED
by Dave Boehi - October 19, 2009 -Used by permission from Family Life

I've been thinking a lot lately about what couples should know before they get married. For one thing, I've been making some updates and revisions on FamilyLife's Preparing for Marriage workbook, which is used by thousands of pastors and counselors around the country each year for premarriage counseling. In addition, my younger daughter, Missy, was recently married. As a parent you think of all the things you should tell a child before marriage, and nothing ever seems to be enough.

When Merry and I were preparing to be married, we went through counseling and got a lot of good advice. But there are some important things that we did not fully understand. So if I were talking with a premarried couple, here's what I'd tell them about the "Five Things I Wish I Had Known Before I Was Married."

#1: Marriage is not all about you. It's not about your happiness and self-fulfillment. It's not about getting your needs met. It's about going through life together and serving God together and serving each other. It's about establishing a family. It's about committing your lives to each other even though you may be very different in 10, 20, or 40 years from the people you are now.

#2: You are about to learn a painful lesson--you are both very selfish people. This may be difficult to comprehend during the happy and hazy days of courtship, but it's true, and it shocks many couples during their first years of marriage. It's important to know this revelation of selfishness is coming, because then you can make adjustments for it, and you will be a lot better off.

#3: The person you love the most is also the person who can hurt you the deepest. That's the risk and pain of marriage. And the beauty of marriage is working through your hurt and pain and resolving your conflicts and solving your problems.

#4: You can't make it work on your own. It's obvious that marriage is difficult--just look at how many couples today end in divorce. This is why it's so critical to center your lives and your marriage on the God who created marriage. To make your marriage last for a lifetime, you need to rely on God for the power and love and strength and wisdom and endurance you need.

#5: Never stop enjoying each other. Always remember that marriage is an incredible gift to be enjoyed. Ecclesiastes 9:9 says, "Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun."

Enjoy the little things of life with your spouse: the food you enjoy together at home or in restaurants ... the movies you like ... the little inside jokes nobody else understands except for you ... the times you make each other laugh ... the games you play together.

And focus on making memories together: Plan special dates and weekend getaways. Make sure you reserve time for each other after you have kids. When you are old, you won't look back and remember how great it was to buy that new furniture or watch that great show on television. You're going to remember what you did together and saw together and created together.

How about you? If you were talking to an engaged couple about what you wish you'd known before marriage, what would you say? Write me and I'll put your answers in a future Marriage Memo.

If you'd like to take a weekend getaway with your spouse, here are two suggestions. First, attend a Weekend to Remember conference. It could be the best investment you make in your marriage and family. Second, check out Bill and Carolyn Wellons' book, Getting Away to Get it Together. It will show you how to reconnect with your spouse and re-energize your partnership.

HEALTHIER COFFEE
(Photos on the blog)

A favorite way I used to enjoy my one cup of coffee each morning was to put stevia and non-fat dairy creamer in it, BUT the dairy creamer is full of chemicals, so I had been going without any cream at all.  Recently I heard of putting 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a cup of coffee for the many benefits it has, so I tried it.  I poured only a fourth of a cup of coffee into my cup with a little stevia, then added 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.  The secret to making it a great cup of coffee though is to use a hand blender in the cup at this point to mix it up real well - then add the rest of the black coffee.  The coconut oil makes the coffee look and taste like cream and vanilla were added!  Delicious!   There's no need to buy an expensive cup of coffee.  Make your own for a money-saving benefit, plus great flavor as well as better health!

CHICKEN CORN SOUP
(A photo of the soup I made recently is shown on the blog, but without the celery and carrots.  They add even more color and flavor.)

1 whole natural chicken (preferably pastured and without hormones)
1 whole lemon
2 minced garlic cloves
2-3 quarts pure water
salt, pepper, herbs, seasoning

Place whole chicken in a large pot, with a lemon cut in half and 2 minced garlic cloves stuffed into the cavity for extra moistness and flavor.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and additional herbs and seasoning of your choice.  I used a chicken seasoning blend.  Add water to make a rich broth, and simmer for a couple hours until the chicken falls off the bones.  Simmering the bones will release valuable minerals to the broth.  Pour off the broth to reserve for the soup, and allow chicken to cool enough that you won't burn your fingers as you remove the meat from the bones.  Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the broth, and toss out the rest.  Chop up the chicken and add to the broth. 

While the chicken is cooling, cook the following until tender and add to the chicken and broth:
2 large chopped onions
2 cups chopped celery

2 cups carrots, chopped fine or grated in food processor
2 cups corn (I cut fresh corn off the cob, but frozen corn would be fine)

Add at least 2 Tbsp. ginger paste to the soup. (This can be found in the produce department or you can save by making your own by blending chopped and peeled ginger root with a little water and olive oil - just enough to blend it well.  Freeze in ice cube tray or Tupperware midget cups to add to soups, salad dressings, meats, etc.).

Taste to see if you need to add more salt, herbs, or seasoning.  I added a drop or two of each of the following doTERRA essential oils: cilantro, dill, basil, black pepper.  They add so much more natural flavor and are completely safe for cooking, although not all essential oils are safe to use internally.

GINGER BROCCOLI BEEF STIR FRY

Recipe from Cara at Health Home and Happiness - Grain-Free Meal Plans - http://www.healthhomehappy.com/grain-free-meal-plans
Used by permission
This delicious stir fry using fall and winter veggies can be prepped in the morning or the night before.  I went ahead and chopped all the veggies and placed in the fridge while I was grating the ginger for the marinade this morning, then dinner just took minutes to put together in the evening.  The ginger gives a nice sweet heat to this meal and the red peppers give it a beautiful burst of color. 

Marinade for the Beef
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
5 Tbsp. fish sauce (or 1 tsp. sea salt + 1/4 cup stock)
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. peeled, grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. chili pepper flakes
1 tsp. ground cumin 

Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

1 1/2 lb top sirloin steak
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil (optional)
3-4 green onions, sliced 1/2-inch apart, including the greens
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2-3 hot chiles, such as red serranos, seeded, sliced
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled, cut lengthwise into matchstick shapes
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
Chill beef in the freezer for 30 minutes before slicing, this will make it easier to slice.  Cut into thin strips, 1/2 inch by 2 inches approx.  Place in a bowl and toss with marinade ingredients. Allow to marinade all day.
Stir fry: In a skillet over medium-high heat heat oils until very hot.  As the oil heats, pour marinade from beef.  Saute beef in 3-4 small batches until browned on the outside but rare on the inside, approx 1 minute.  Transfer to a bowl and stir fry the rest of the ingredients, cooking until vegetables are cooked to desired doneness, just a few minutes.  Serve, pouring juices remaining in the bottom of the pan on top.

APPLE GINGER SALAD

Recipe from Cara at Health Home and Happiness - Grain-Free Meal Plans - http://www.healthhomehappy.com/grain-free-meal-plans
Used by permission
1 apple, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup crispy walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed

Combine first five ingredients in a bowl. Blend together the honey and orange juice, then use it as dressing.

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE SPICE MIX

1/2 cup ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground cloves

Mix all the spices together with a wire whisk, and spoon into a spice jar.  Purchase your spices in bulk from a natural foods co-op if possible for lower prices (in most cases).  If you live near a Sharp Shopper, this is a good source as well.

Sharp Shopper
You might want to find store locations here  for some extra good deals on healthy food.  Although they sell plenty of junk food, they do have an entire aisle of health foods with excellent prices.  People travel several hours just to shop there for low prices on certain items.  There are several things I buy there when we visit family nearby.  They sell 25 pound bags of wheat berries, 25 pound bags of rolled oats, and have many health foods already packaged and priced (grain such as spelt, oats, barley, rye, and others), unsweetened coconut, various kinds of seeds and nuts, baker's yeast, and spices, to mention a few.

LEARN HOW TO QUILT
This is a great opportunity to watch these basic quilting lessons at no cost to you!
Watch Free Sew Easy Lessons  from Fons and Porter
http://www.fonsandporter.com/sew_easy_lessons.html?utm_source=LOQI&utm_medium=email&am p;utm_campaign=Newsletter20130910

MISCELLANEOUS TIPS

Grounding Kids from TV or Video Games ~ Rather than removing the children from the room where the TV or video games are located, buy a small lock and put it through a hole in the plug.  That way the room can still be used for other purposes, like reading or playing, without the child being tempted or the parent needing to check to see that they are not disobeying.

Leaf Pigment Chromatography - Hands On Science ~ Hands On Learning 4 All.com  ~ Got rubbing alcohol? Got coffee filters? Got leaves? Try this leaf pigment chromatography lesson with your kids. Awesome!  http://www.thehomeschoolvillage.com/2011/10/leaf-pigment-chromatography-hands-on-science.h tml

Get 5 Tips for Keeping Your Produce Fresh Longer ~ http://www.therisingspoon.com/2013/06/five-tips-for-making-your-produce-last.html

WHAT IS AN ESSENTIAL OIL?
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, and flowers of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant, eliciting profound emotional responses. Yet the use of essential oils goes well beyond their fragrant appeal. Used throughout history for their
medicinal and therapeutic benefits, essential oils can be used as natural alternatives in holistic self-care practices. Their unique chemistry allows them to be used aromatically and applied topically to the skin, while other essential oils can be used as dietary aids to promote vitality and well being.

dōTERRA® (meaning "Gift of the Earth") essential oils represent the safest, purest essential oils available in the world today. Each of dōTERRA's
CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essentials oils is carefully extracted by a global network of skilled growers, distillers, and chemists ensuring a consistently powerful user experience.

They are 100% pure aromatic extracts and contain no artificial ingredients and are tested to be free of contaminants such as pesticides or other chemical residues.

THE VERSATILITY AND BENEFIT IN USING ESSENTIAL OILS
by Lois Breneman - Heart to Heart - 2013

Recently I've been learning many different ways that essential oils can make our lives more comfortable, bring healing, help keep us well, and make our food tastier.  I use the doTERRA brand because of its therapeutic grade, and its safety to use internally in most cases.  Unlike doTERRA essential oils, most other brands, even if they say they are 100% pure, recommend that you definitely do not ingest them.

This tip has been known to calm down babies, toddlers, and children of all ages.  Put a few drops of Wild Orange essential oil on a cotton ball and hang it or stick it in front of the air conditioning/heat air vent in your car to disperse the fragrance.  It works for children and adults as well.  Some school teachers use a diffuser in their classrooms with Wild Orange essential oil and they report that it really does help calm down the children - even hyperactive kids with ADHD!  One teacher uses it for perfume, and a little boy came up to her one morning with a bright smile, telling her, "You smell like sunshine!" 

Some teachers use a diffuser to disperse Peppermint essential oil during tests to benefit the children in helping them to think more clearly.  The kids love it!

Lavender oil is one of the most versatile essential oils you can have around.  Rub a drop of lavender essential oil on the bottom of your child's feet before bedtime to help them relax and fall asleep more quickly.  Carry some in your purse and your baby's diaper bag for skin problems or burns. 

Body Cream and/or Diaper Cream can be made by mixing coconut oil with Lavender for most diaper changes.  This also makes a wonderful body moisturizing cream for anyone.  After showering, rub it on arms and legs for softer skin.  It quickly absorbs into the skin.  Any essential oil or blend can be mixed with coconut oil for body cream.  Geranium essential oil is a nice change and is also healing and soothing to the skin.

For diaper rashes, mix coconut oil with doTERRA On Guard, which kills germs, bacteria, fungus - even MERSA!  On Guard is doTERRA's own blend of thieve's oil, with an emphasis on Wild Orange.   A hand blender is perfect for mixing up this diaper cream to a rich, creamy consistency for healing diaper rash.

For a natural teething remedy, mix 1 tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 2 drops of doTERRA clove bud essential oil (safe to use internally).  Once you are comfortable with the ratio not being too strong for your baby, pour the mixture into a clean container.  Do not use a clear container unless it will be kept in a cool, dark cabinet, since light oxidizes oil.  Use a dark amber or cobalt glass container, if possible.  You can find suitable containers for your homemade concoctions at http:/www.aromatools.com.  To use this natural teething remedy, shake well, then apply to gums with your clean finger tip.  This is safe to reapply every 1-2 hours as needed.  I mixed up some for my grandbaby who is teething.  Another tip for teething, unrelated to essential oils, is to lay out a clean baby washcloth on a clean kitchen counter, drop a spoonful of natural applesauce (no sugar) in the center, draw the four corners together, and tie a rubberband at the base of the circle of applesauce, like a lollipop.  Freeze this in a Ziplock bag and pull it out for a soothing, enjoyable, and pain-deadening teething remedy.  Prepare more than one at a time.  I think I'll do this before our grandbaby visits again!  She is almost seven months old and is working on her third tooth.

Aroma Tools also carries foaming liquid soap pumps at a very low cost.  I bought a natural hand soap with a wonderfully fragrant natural geranium scent at the health food store for less then five dollars, and stretched it out into eight foaming soap dispensers for a very minimal cost - and with no harmful toxins or chemicals.  You can also make your own foaming liquid hand soaps using essential oils or doTERRA has a mix of On Guard that kills germs like nothing else.  It consists of a blend of Wild Orange, Clove Bud, Cinnamon, and a few other oils - great smelling!

Oregano oil capsules can ward off a cold, especially if you catch it in the beginning, but if not, oregano oil will no doubt help it to be a less severe case.  Rub oregano oil (diluted with fractionated coconut oil) on the bottom of your child's feet before bedtime to get rid of a cold or flu that is just starting.  Dilute essential oils even more for babies.

Eucalyptus essential oil can be rubbed on the bottom of the feet, on the chest, and on the back of the neck to help a cough go away.

A blend of Peppermint, Lavender, and Lemon essential oils help with allergies when rubbed on the bottom of feet, or the back of the neck.

Since most doTERRA essential oils can be used internally, I use some of them for cooking.  In making meatloaf, I added Cilantro, Dill, Basil, and Black Pepper essential oils for extra flavor, and used the same four oils in chicken corn soup as well.  A few drops of Wild Orange essential oil added to a fresh cranberry relish (consisting of cranberries, crushed pineapples, natural applesauce, stevia, and orange juice) adds a extra special citrus punch!  My daughter likes to add Black Pepper essential oil to scrambled eggs.

If you are interested, reply to this newsletter.  I hope you will find help for your family's better health!

PRECIOUS GEMS
Ladies, thanks again for giving me permission to include your kids' quotes in the newsletter!

My granddaughter, Ryan (6) excitedly told her daddy that she was going to tell her teacher and her whole class that she was going to go visit all of her grandparents in Virginia over the weekend.  Her dad mentioned to Ryan that if someone else heard that they'd be gone, they might rob their house.  The next day Ryan came home and told her daddy, "I told my teacher and the whole class that we're going to Virginia for the weekend!"  She quickly added, "But don't worry, Daddy!  I made them all promise that they wouldn't rob our house while we're gone!!!" ~ Lois in Virginia

Savannah (6): "Nathan asked me to marry him today. I told him I'd need to consider it for at least a few days."
Dad: "Or about 25 years." ~ Lauren in Virginia

I asked Leila (1) what she was squealing about and Lexi (4) replied, "Maybe her feelings got broke." ~ Vera in Virginia 

Amiya (5) was asking me if her principal was a medical doctor (Dr. ___).  I explained it means she went to school for a long time and she's really smart.  Next question:  "Is that where she learned the song, 'McDonald's McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut. Taco Bell & Burger King?' " (With motions, y'all!!) ~ Danielle in Alabama

John and I were both working on making dinner in the kitchen. I go to get the sugar and it is nowhere to be found. "John, you know where the sugar is?" "No." We canvas the kitchen and still couldn't find it.  A minute or two later, Melody (4) comes in with a big grin on her face and the sugar container in her hand. "What were you doing with the sugar in the living room?" (HUGE smirk) "Snitching." ~ Rosie in Central Asia

Mia (4) prayed the other night, "Thank you for Oma (Name for her grandma) because even though she is Oma she is also like a friend." ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Last night Caroline (8) asked me if babies come with directions. I was busy cleaning and quickly answered, "Heck no, we just have to figure it out." She promptly said, " I think you are doing a great job." I smiled and said a quick thanks, but today as I reflect on that, I am smiling from ear to ear. What better compliment could I have received? ~Jessica in Virginia

Amiya (5) has been talking about the "Nice ChristmasTreats" at school for the last 2 weeks. Finally figured out she means "Rice Krispy Treats!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

This is how prayer went over breakfast this morning:
Brooklyn (3): "Thank you for food and Mom and Dad and Sis and...
"Kendra (2): "Amen! Amen!"
Brooklyn: "Me not done! And baby Harper and Mimi and Grandad and..."
Kendra: "Amen!!!!"

Brooklyn: "NO! Me not done!!! Dats mine amen!!! And Becca and Mike and the beach and friends and trees and..."
Kendra: "Stop it! Amen!!!"
Gotta love our two and three year olds! ~ Lauren in Virginia

I told Malakai (5) I needed to take out the trash. He raised his eyebrows and said, "No no no no no! I will take it out!"  #meltmyheart #littleman  ~ Danielle in Alabama

Savannah (6): "I can't believe I cried when I found out Harper was a girl. She's the cutest baby in the world and a boy would just be stinky. I must've been crazy for wanting a brother!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

Halle (7) says, "Mom, was I right when I told Sarie (sister, age 5), that tomatoes grow on a plant?"
Mom says, "Yes."

Halle:  "Then I don't stand corrected." ~ Grandmother, Becky, & Mother, Sarah in Georgia

Dinner conversation went like this: Gracie (9): Mom, Sophie (one of our neighbor's kids who is 5 or 6) told me she had a boyfriend, and his name is Andrew.
Me: Oh really.
Grace: Yes, but don't worry I told her she was too little for that and that she should wait until she was married to have a boyfriend.
WOW...where do I begin with that one! hahah! ~ Maria in Virginia

This has truly been 'one of those days' with my daughter (9). She keeps telling me she doesn't feel well, and I ask her 'how'? and she says I don't know...I just don't feel good at all. A little while ago, I am in my room and she comes in and lays on my bed and says, 'Mom, I feel like I have been run over by two cows and a girl on a pogo stick!' ooookkkaaayy.....maybe it was better not to know how she was really feeling!!! What a powerful introduction to the world of girl drama I am experiencing! ~ Maria in Virginia

Logan (5) walked up and started rubbing my belly with a tissue (expecting to deliver 4th baby any day). I asked him what he was doing, and he told me that Peyton has a runny nose. ~ Amanda in Virginia

Gracie (11) just told me, "Ya know, homework is a lot like love."
Mom: "Oh really? How so?"
Gracie, "Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's hard, but either way you have to do it."~ Penny in Virginia

Levi: "Mama, which one of your friends was alive when God created the world?" ~ Rachel in Virginia  (That was probably me! ~ Lois)

Thanks to Jalisa Wenger in Pennsylvania for sending this quote!

Peace wraps around your heart
when you are able to trust God for just today
and not be burdened with the if onlys, the what ifs, and the whys. 
The questions are for His safe keeping,
the tomorrows are His and you are free! 
You are free because God Himself
has become your sufficiency. 
- Linda Dillow

Ladies, I would love to hear from you anytime!
Simply reply to any newsletter and share your thoughts with me.
Let me know what you like best and least about the newsletter.
I'm always looking for cute quotes from kids (old or new would be great)!

I pray each of you found something in this edition to bless, encourage and teach you!
Please remember to pray for each dear Heart to Heart lady and her family,
because so many ladies are going through very tough times and need our prayers!
Some have lost loved ones, others have lost jobs, homes, or their good health.

Pray each day for the protection of our troops, and for their families left at home,
as well as adjustment and employment after they return home.

God bless you and your family and keep you in His loving care!
Your "Heart to Heart" friend
Lois

Disclaimer: Various websites may be given as credits or to supply additional information for readers. However, all the views and advertisements represented by websites in this newsletter are not necessarily the views of the editor. Please use your own discretion and common sense regarding all information given in this newsletter.

--

To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: heart2heart-unsubscribe@welovegod.org