Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Re: [ANN] FB 7.0.13 now available

Posted by: maxetaylorjr <maxetaylorjr@...>

Brian,

Prior to this release, any file I had in an FB project would immediately open in FB when double-clicked on but this no longer happens as the default for files in an FB Project.

Many of the files in one particular project were originally created in another editor and the icons show up differently and when you double click on any file in the FB Project, that file opens in the other editor.

This did not happen in version 12 but it does now.

Now I have to go into each individual file in the Finder, select ‘Get Info…’ and reset the files default editor to FB.

Even if I use the “Open with…” finder option to open the file in FB, add a single space, and save it, that does not set the file type to that of FB.

One other thing. Any file with an extension of “incl” opens in FB. Any of my counterpart file that use the “.fbh” or “.fbm” file extensions are the only one that have to be manually set to open in FB.

I still do not understand the logic of not simply adding those two file extensions into FB’s plist when it would do absolutely no harm, provide the ability for anyone else to use them if they choose to. I’m not asking for anything more than that. It would be so simple to do. I truly feel singled out here.

Anyway, just reporting how this upgrade broke the better part of an entire FB Project because it will no longer open files if it doesn’t recognize the file extension as one of it’s own pre-defined file extensions, yet it did up until this upgrade so it seems something was added to exclude any others.

Do any others recognize any of the above with upgrade 13?

—————————
by: Max Emmons Taylor Jr. ©
FB 7.0.13
OS 12.2.1 Monterey
4.2 GHz Quad Core i7
Xcode 13.3
4VFK20629
—————————

--
To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: futurebasic-unsubscribe@freegroups.net To access the list archives, go to: http://freegroups.net/groups/futurebasic/