Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

SHOULDER TO SHOULDER #1288 -- 4/25/22 ---- "Our Greatest Asset (part two) -- Priests Before the Lord" (C)

Posted by: lifeunlimited <lifeunlimited@...>

"Standing Together, Shoulder To Shoulder, As We Fight the Good Fight of Faith"

SHOULDER TO SHOULDER is a weekly letter of encouragement Bob has written since 1997, covering many topics selected to
motivate people to be strong students of the Word and courageous witnesses of Jesus Christ.  It is a personal letter of
encouragement to you, written solely to help "lift up hands that hang down".

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." -- Albert Einstein

“There is a common, worldly kind of Christianity in this day, which many have, and think they have -- a cheap Christianity which offends nobody,
    and requires no sacrifice, which costs nothing, -- and is worth nothing.”
– J. C. Ryle 

Shoulder To Shoulder #1288 -- 4/25/22

Title:  "Our Greatest Asset  (part two) -- Priests Before the Lord" (C)

My dear Friend and Co-Laborer with Christ:

Well, here we are, almost at the end of April, and just four weeks away from when Jo Ann and I will return to Greer, AZ, and our seventh Summer season with Greer Chapel.  Most of our Chapel de Oro members have returned to their homes in other states and Canada, and there are but a handful remaining.  We had our final informal get-together in our home last Sunday for fellowship and food.  I didn't do a Bible study, but we Did watch Franklin Graham's Easter program from L'viv, Ukraine.  Six of the nine of us had not seen it before.  There were tears, to say the least.

Bob and Cheri are slowly getting settled in next door, and Bob is just a couple days away from being officially retired.  They are having the same challenges that Jo Ann and I have had -- and still not winning -- that of finding a place for everything.  But, over time we will both find a way -- somehow.  (Jo Ann just said, "Downsizing is really hard!"

Thank you for letting me share our Ukraine report with you.  It was a long report, but I wanted you to get a sense of the people with whom Jo Ann and I rubbed shoulders for more than six years, and continue those connections even today.  We are still so very grieved over what the people of Ukraine are suffering so needlessly.  It is as if Hitler and Stalin suddenly reappeared. 

At this point we are nearing the $12,000 mark in money that has come in to Life Unlimited Ministries, and we are more grateful than we can express to those who have given.  Almost $9,000 has already gone out the door to different ministries, pastors, and other individuals who are helping meet the needs of people.  Just in the past two days we were able to buy new electrical wiring for a church that is housing 200 refugees in L'viv ($830), train tickets from L'viv to Kyiv and medicine for children awaiting kidney transplants ($450), repair on two vans in order to keep delivering humanitarian aid ($800).  Pray with us and for us that more will keep coming because the needs are massive and the time frame will be long.

Today I want to return to the topic of "Our Greatest Asset", following up on the idea that every believer in Christ carries on his or her shoulders the enormous role of a priest.  So far we've looked at the first priest, Aaron, Zacharias the father of John the Baptist, and at Jesus, our Great High Priest.  Today I want to consider you and me as priests in our own roles.  It is a critical role that must be fulfilled faithfully each day.  And, we'll do that right after you consider . . .

THIS 'N' THAT:

Why the Devil Doesn't Want You To Watch It:  Some Christians -- especially pastors and "theologs" -- tell you to NOT watch the video series, "The Chosen" because it's not "scriptural" or mixes truth with fiction.  Obviously those critics haven't taken time to watch the numerous explanations as to why producer/director  Dallas Jenkins uses the format and creative liberties being implemented.  Here's a humorous look at why the Devil doesn't want you to watch it.  Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZdB7H8ty8g .

QUOTES FOR THE WEEK:

>  "The priest is not made. He must be born a priest; must inherit his office. I refer to the new birth—the birth of water and the Spirit. Thus all Christians must became priests, children of God and co-heirs with Christ the Most High Priest." -- Martin Luther 

>  "IN this Epistle Peter is speaking of the scattered saints in all parts of the world and, taught by the Holy Spirit, he says of them that they were 'an holy priesthood.' . . .   . . he is speaking of every Believer and he calls every saint a member of 'an holy priesthood!'  Every Mary and every John, every peasant girl and every laborer that puts his hands upon the plow, every servant of God in every capacity is a member of this 'holy priesthood' – at least so Peter says, and Peter was not mistaken, for he spoke as he was 'moved by the Holy Spirit'.” -- Charles Spurgeon 

>  "The biblical teaching of the priesthood of every believer does not relegate that lofty role merely to those who hold such an office in a religious order.  It is bestowed upon the heart of every soul born into the family of God, for God's family is a priestly family.  Like Aaron's sons, we are priests because, when we were born again, we were born into a priestly family . . . a royal priestly family.  Indeed, we are a kingdom of priests -- all of us are priests.  Given access into the most holy place of God's presence, we are free to worship Him, offer ourselves as living sacrifices, and plead and intercede incessantly for others.  That is who we are.  We are not mere 'followers' of Christ, though we are that.  We are followers who are priests following after and emulating our Great High Priest!"  -- T. Allen Robburts 

>  ". . . the duties and the sacrifice of the office are rarely accepted. … The Christian priesthood costs life, property, honor, friends and all worldly things. It cost Christ the same on the holy cross.? -- Martin Luther 

>  "in the Old Testament, we find that the priest was an intercessor between God and man.  The same thing holds true today, . . ." -- Elmer Towns 

PREAMBLE:

To be quite honest, I don't think we appreciate or respect our positions as "priests before the Lord" as we should.  This is probably for two or three reasons:

1.  First, we assume the priestly role is relegated to the Old Testament and the Children of Israel, thus done away with in Christ, Who is now our Great High Priest.  Therefore, there is no role on our part to fulfill that position even though we are repeatedly called "priests".  Some denominations and church groups even make a point to affirm the "priesthood of the believer"

2.  Second, we have an aversion to the idea of a priest dressed in fancy robes and going through what appears to us to be a rather boring and meaningless ritual, as is conducted in certain denominations in the Christian faith.

3.  Finally, quite frankly, we either feel we don't deserve such a role, -- or we don't desire such a responsibility.  We just don't want to have the burden of standing before God in behalf of other people to urge them on to deeper worship or to pray for them.

However, there is no denying that you and I are clearly identified as "priests unto the Lord".  Even moreso, we are called a "royal priesthood" by none other than the Apostle Peter (I Pet 2:5-9).  He writes, . . .

"As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  For it stands in Scripture: 'Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”'

"So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, 'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,'
and 'A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.' They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 
Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."  (I Pet 2:4-9).

Some will argue the point that Peter was writing specifically to Jews, and not to Gentiles (non-Jews).  While that is true in the historical setting, it is not true in the theological sense.   For, if you take that position that he is writing only to Jewish Christians -- that is, Messianic Jews -- then you have to acknowledge the same thing for everything else he wrote about in that epistle. 

The fact is, while he may have been writing specifically to Jewish believers, he was not writing to them exclusively.  Just as in the case of Nicodemus, Jesus was not stating "you must be born again" to Nicodemus only, but to all people everywhere.

Doing some deeper-than-usual study of the priestly role has led me to believe that, as priests before God, it is an assignment far more crucial than we think, and it is a ministry far more significant than we first perceive on the surface.  For that reason, and resting on what we have seen regarding the roles of Aaron, Zacharias, and Jesus, let's take time to examine our own position in this calling -- and will take up our duties in our own "appointed order" (Lk 1:8).  Let's follow the same examination we saw with Aaron, Zacharias, and Jesus; -- beginning with . . .

OUR ATTIRE:

Once again, as in my last letter, I must leave it up to you to dig into the details of each of Aaron's priestly attire.  Each item has great symbolism that will bless you.  For now, as high priest, Aaron alone was consecrated to wear the holy golden garments.  Above all else, he was to not uncover his head.  To do so meant he had to remove the golden plate on which was written, "Holiness to the Lord".  He had to take great care to never tear his garments -- a tradition reserved only for mourning over someone's death.  Neither could he defile himself by going near a dead body.  He was set aside exclusively to come before God in behalf of the people he represented (Lev 16:15,16; Zech 3:1-4). 

The same is true when you study Jesus' attire.  From the birthing strips (swaddling clothes), to the robe of a king during His trial, to His seamless garment of Galilee which the soldiers refused to rip apart when they gambled for it at the foot of the cross, to His regal crown seated at the right hand of God, Jesus wore then and still wears today His priestly and kingly garments.  Take time to dig -- and dig deeply -- into that topic.

So, then, based on Aaron, Zacharias, and Jesus, -- how are you and I robed as born-again followers?  What is our attire that qualifies us to stand in God's presence as priests before the Lord?  Well, think about it.  We are clothed for battle with the Christian armor listed in Eph 6:10-20.  The amazing thing is that each of those pieces of armor is a direct symbolic representation of Christ Himself.
    +  Belt of truth (6:14) -- Jesus said, "I am the way, the Truth, and the life. . . " (Jn 14:6)
    +  Breastplate of righteousness (6:14) -- The Lord is, ". . . our righteousness." (Jer 23:6; 33:16).
    +  Feet shod with preparation of Gospel of peace (6:15) -- Paul stated, "He [Jesus] is our peace . . ." (Eph 2:14).
    +  Shield of Faith (6:16) -- ". . . Jesus the author [origin] and finisher [fulfillment] of our faith;" (Heb 12:2)
                                ". . . To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:" (II Pet 1:1).
    +  Helmet of salvation (6:17) -- "The LORD is my light and my salvation; . . ."  (Ps 27:1)
    +  Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God (6:17) -- "In the beginning . . . Word was God" (Jn 1:1)

We are commanded in Rom 13:14, "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh."  When we do, by faith, adorn ourselves with all that Jesus is, all that He does, and all that He will do, we are in essence attired in the entirety of everything -- and more -- that Aaron's priestly garments represented.  In other words, you and I -- as priests unto the Lord -- are robed in the complete, flawless, and faultless righteousness of Jesus Christ.

". . . even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; . . ." (Rom 3:22).

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (II Cor 5:21).

". . . and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, . . ." (Phil 3:9).

I'm convinced that one of the major hindrances in our failure to come before God -- for any reason -- is because we still think we are unworthy.  And we ARE -- that is, apart from the person of Jesus Christ.  But, because of Him and what He did for us, He has personally told us we can come to the Father -- not in our own merit, but simply in His name -- and worship Him, serve Him, and talk with Him about anything and everything.

When we stand before God, our attire is -- I know this is hard to believe -- more complete, more regal, and more flawless than anything the skilled craftsmen in Exodus could have ever created for Aaron.

You and I are adequately clothed to stand before God -- behind the veil, no less! -- in His most holy place, and worship Him, serve Him, and cry out to Him for anything and everything.  There should be neither apology, timidness, nor fear when you do.  Just make sure you do!

That brings us, then, to taking a look at . . .

OUR APPOINTMENT (ANOINTING):

The practice of anointing was a visual display of a spiritual principle.  Whenever someone was anointed in the Bible, he or she was anointed with oil -- usually olive oil, which was the dominant oil used in the culture.  Oil is one of the symbols used to describe the Holy Spirit.  Oil was a byproduct of the tree or vine.  Both the tree and the vine often symbolized man's relationship to God -- Tree of life in Genesis 2 and 3, Jesus as the vine in John 15, and so forth.  The tree and vine represented life -- Planted, Pruned, Productive . . . or destroyed for lack of fruitfulness -- Perished.

The tree produces fruit, the vine produces fruit and oil.  Both are representative of life.  Oil was used, as I said, for anointing people.  The purpose varied, but the symbol remained the same -- through the act of anointing, the people understood that the person was being "set aside" -- being "sanctified" for a specific reason. 

Sometimes people used the oil as a beauty feature or cosmetic.  Today people try to dull the shine on their faces with cosmetics, but in the Bible a shining face was a sign of beauty as well as a sign of high esteem -- or "glory".  When Moses, for example, met with God, his face shone with God's glory so brightly that he even had to cover his face with a veil in order for people to look upon him.  People of royal positions often rubbed olive oil on their faces -- sometimes even their entire bodies.

At other times oil was used for medicinal purposes.  There are healing agents in oil whether used either topically or orally, depending on the health issue.  Even today people will cook with olive oil -- or sometimes even drink it.  It has great benefit.

Sometimes people were anointed with oil before going into war -- as a symbol that the person had been appointed, commissioned, or validated to be a soldier, or particularly some kind of commander.

Then, of course, we both recognize that kings were anointed with oil as an act of "sanctifying" or "setting aside" one apart from all others and acknowledged as one who ruled.  We saw this in the Old Testament with both King Saul and King David.

Finally, people were anointed for the priesthood.  Aaron was the first of numerous high priests throughout the Bible who, when elevated to such a holy position, were anointed with oil.

With each of those variant uses of oil, it was always in some way an act of "appointing" -- for beautifying, for healing, for fighting, for ruling, -- or for being designated as one who was to enter into God's presence.  "Anointing" was always for "appointing".    In a unique way, it was the act of unifying the person to a purpose.  This is illustrated in Psalm 122 when it links unity with the the day when Aaron was anointed as Israel's first High Priest. --

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity!  It is like the precious oil upon the head, Coming down upon the beard, Even Aaron's beard, Coming down upon the edge of his robes." (Ps 133:1-2).

As I have tried to understand the role of the high priest in the Bible, it seems to me that his primary functions as he stood before God were worship (offering up incense, as in the case of Zachariah), intercession (as in the case of the priests in Solomon's day), and atonement (blood sacrifice to forgive sins -- making us "at-one" with God).  This may be an oversimplification, but for me personally, that sums up the role of the high priest.  So, let's . . .

Consider Aaron the High Priest: -- Only four times in the books of Moses is he called the “high priest,” and in each case a literal translation would be the “great priest” or the “chief priest” (Lev 21:10; Num 35:25, 28).    Now, all priests in Israel were anointed, but it was only the high priest who was anointed on his head, symbolizing his preeminence above all other priests. That term literally means, “the priest that is anointed” (Exod 29:7–9; Lev 8:12, 13). One more time Aaron is designated as “the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil was poured” (Lev 21:10).  Keep that in mind as we consider Jesus as our High Priest and the two of us, then, also as priests. 

When Aaron lived, he alone was permitted to enter the Holy of Holies hidden from view behind that massive veil.  Before going into that place, he first made a sacrifice for himself and and then for the people.  Only after that, he would bring the blood of the sacrificial lamb into the Holy of Holies where he sprinkled it on the mercy seat, God’s “throne” (Lev 16:14-15). He atoned for himself and the people for all their sins committed during the year that ended (Exodus 30:10).

There's also an interesting practice regarding the high priest in the Old Testament that is often overlooked.  Whenever a high priest died, all the people who had fled to one of the levitical cities of refuge for accidentally causing the death of another person, were themselves granted freedom and released from their guilt and judgment (Num 35:28). 

Now, how does all of this speak to you, my friend, about Jesus Christ as our High Priest??? -- our GREAT High Priest???  He, indeed, is a high priest that is greater -- FAR greater -- than the order of Melchizedek.  The word for "according" is pronounced "kata" and has a broad use in the Bible meaning "in the same line" or "greater than" or "superior to" the "order", "taxis" in Greek, meaning, "arranged order", "sequence", "orderly manner".  (See Gen 14:18–20, Heb chapters 5 thru 7; and Ps 110:1-10).  Some translations actually use the term,"greater", which certainly seems appropriate in that Christ's high priestly role was one based on an entirely New covenant that replaced the Old Mosaic covenant that demanded the keeping of the law.   So, let's move on to . . .

Consider Christ our High Priest: --

We need to start with Christ's anointing (or appointment) as our Great High Priest.  If we can better understand the practice of anointing with oil, it will probably help us understand the significance of the three times when Jesus was anointed -- twice on His feet, and once on his head.  The first one was early in His ministry at the home of Simon the Pharisee who lived somewhere in Galilee, probably in Nain, or in that area of Galilee (Luke 7:36–50).  It says the sinful woman anointed His feet with perfume from an alabaster box -- most likely from her dowry, perhaps because she never really expected to marry since she was a woman with a bad reputation.

The second and third times occur just days before His crucifixion.  The second occurred on the home of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus just six days prior to the annual Passover and shortly before His triumphal entry when Mary also anointed Jesus' feet with spikenard, a genuine myrrh-laced oil (John 12:1–8).  The third took place soon after the triumphal entry but before the Passover when an unnamed woman broke an alabaster box at the home of Simon the leper in Bethany and anointed Jesus' head with oil.

We could spend several hours trying to plumb the depths of three moments and what they meant symbolically, but I want to point you to a critical role in Jesus' life.  According to scripture, Jesus Christ . . . as I have mentioned at least twice previously in this series . . . was both our sacrificial lamb and our great high priest.  He was anointed for both.  Anointed on His feet, He was the sacrificial lamb anointed on His head, He was the Great High Priest.

The anointing for the priesthood is the object of our focus today.  What, exactly does a priest do the makes it so important to be appointed or set aside by anointing him with oil?  Well, it is spelled out in the duties God gave to Moses at the time of Aaron's appointment to the role as Israel's primary spiritual leader. 

In our understanding the role of the high priest, we can better comprehend the significance of Christ offering Himself for our sins once for all (Hebrews 9:26; 10:10, 12). Through Christ’s sacrifice for us, we are sanctified and set apart for Him. By entering God’s presence on our behalf, Christ has secured for us an “eternal redemption” (Hebrews 9:12). As Paul has written, “For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5).

Since that moment when Christ died, tore the temple's veil from top to bottom, and entered the Holy of Holies, all of mankind can know with confidence that our faithful High Priest, Jesus Christ, still mediates in heaven for His people.

“But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.  Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption” (Hebrews 9:1-28).

Christ our Mediator (1 Timothy 2:5) is now ministering the benefits of His atonement in the sinner’s behalf before God to secure an “eternal redemption” (Heb 9:12). Through His shed blood applied to those written in the book of life, Christ would confirm the decisions of His people to serve Him eternally. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

OUR AUTHORITY:

That brings us to our authority as "priests" before the Lord.  Obviously our apparel is not physical clothing that can be seen in this visible world, but rather is the spiritual clothing of our righteous Savior and King.  We are covered by the blood of Christ and clothed in His righteousness.  That in itself qualifies us with authority to stand before God.

Likewise the authority found in Christ qualifies us to do what priests do before God.  Remember, a prophet stands before the people in God's behalf and says, "Thus saith the Lord!"  Priests, though, stand before God in the people's behalf.  As the doctrine of the priesthood of the believer explains, we have every right and all authority to stand before Him to offer up those same three things -- we offer up worship TO God, we offer up the message of forgiveness and atonement (we can neither forgive nor atone, but we offer up the availability), and we stand before God as intercessors in behalf of those who need His touch.

One of the better explanations for you and me recognizing we are "a kingdom of priests" before the Lord in behalf of people we know is found in the explanation posted on the http://www.gotquestions.org website.  It is thorough enough that I want to include it here:

======================

Is the priesthood of all believers biblical?

Answer:

There is one main passage that deals with the priesthood of all believers. It is as follows: "You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ … But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" (I Peter 2:5-9).

Old Testament priests were chosen by God, not self-appointed; and they were chosen for a purpose: to serve God with their lives by offering up sacrifices. The priesthood served as a picture or "type" of the coming ministry of Jesus Christ--a picture that was then no longer needed once His sacrifice on the cross was completed. When the thick temple veil that covered the doorway to the Holy of Holies was torn in two by God at the time of Christ’s death (Matthew 27:51), God was indicating that the Old Testament priesthood was no longer necessary. Now people could come directly to God through the great High Priest, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:14-16). There are now no earthly mediators between God and man as existed in the Old Testament priesthood (I Timothy 2:5).

Christ our High Priest has made one sacrifice for sin for all time (Hebrews 10:12), and there is no more sacrifice for sin that can be made (Hebrews 10:26). But as priests once offered other kinds of sacrifices in the temple, so it is clear from I Peter 2:5,9 that God has chosen Christians "to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." I Peter 2:5-9 speaks of two aspects of the priesthood of the believer.

The first is that believers are Privileged. To be chosen by God to be a priest was a privilege. All believers have been chosen by God: a "chosen generation...His own special people" (verse 9).

In the Old Testament tabernacle and temple, there were places where only the priests could go. Into the Holy of Holies, behind a thick veil, only the High Priest could go, and that only once a year on the Day of Atonement when he made a sin offering on behalf of all of the people. But as mentioned above, because of Jesus’ death upon the cross of Calvary, all believers now have direct access to the throne of God through Jesus Christ our great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16).

What a privilege to be able to access the very throne of God directly, not through any earthly priest. When Christ returns and the New Jerusalem comes to earth (Revelation 21), believers will see God face-to-face and will serve Him there (Revelation 22:3-4).  Again, what a privilege especially for us who were once "not a people" ... "without hope" ... destined for destruction because of our sin.

The second aspect of the believer’s priesthood is that we are chosen for a Purpose: to offer up spiritual sacrifices (see Hebrews 13:15-16 for example), and to proclaim the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light. Thus, by both life (I Peter 2:5; Titus 2:11-14; Ephesians 2:10) and by word (I Peter 2:9; 3:15), our purpose is to serve God. As the believer’s body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 6:19-20), so God has called us to serve Him from our hearts by first of all offering our lives as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1-2).

One day we will be serving God in eternity (Revelation 22:3-4), but not in any temple, for "the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple" (Revelation 21:22). As the Old Testament priesthood was to be free of defilement, as symbolized by being ceremonially clean, so has Christ made us holy positionally before the Father. He calls on us to live holy lives that we might also be a "holy priesthood" (I Peter 2:5).

In summary, believers are called "kings and priests" and a "royal priesthood" as a reflection of their privileged status as heirs to the kingdom of the Almighty God and of the Lamb. Because of this privileged closeness with God, no other earthly mediator is necessary.

Second, believers are called priests because salvation is not merely “fire insurance,” escape from hell. Rather, believers are called by God to serve Him by offering up spiritual sacrifices, i.e., being a people zealous for good works. As priests of the living God, we are all to give praise to the One who has given us the great gift of His Son’s sacrifice on our behalf, and in response, to share this wonderful grace with others.

FINALLY:

Unfortunately, I'm a bit fearful that my efforts to address what I believe is our greatest asset as Christians -- namely, our priestly role of standing before God in behalf of others -- has possibly clouded the issue.  With all my heart, I pray that is not the case.  Many things recently, but particularly the heinous attack upon the territory and people of Ukraine, have all reminded me of how urgently important it is that you and I learn what it means to be intercessors standing in the gap for other people -- not intercessors only, but attired, anointed, and authorized priestly intercessors.

Standing before a holy, righteous, just, and almighty God is a fearful place -- UNLESS you realize you are properly robed in the righteousness and perfection of His very own Son Whom He sent to you and for you, UNLESS you accept your divine anointing and assignment to function before Him in unhindered worship and unrelenting intercession, and UNLESS you recognize your judicial right and authority to be there.  And, not only to BE there in the first place, but to actually DO what priests are called and expected to do.

So, with that in mind, I want to return to that old priest we started with -- Zacharias -- and examine that troubling experience he had behind the temple's veil not yet torn, and try to understand that strange conversation he had with Gabriel that left him speechless.

In the meantime, please continue praying -- about everything -- but especially about the situation in Ukraine.  Pray that the war will end quickly.  Pray that people will be protected.  Pray that needs will be met.  Pray that God provides an abundance to our ministry that we can send on to Ukraine.  Pray that thousands will come to faith in Christ.  Pray that God's righteous judgment will be appropriately dispensed according to His purposes and divine sovereignty.

In His Bond, By His Grace, and for His Kingdom,

Bob Tolliver -- Romans 1:11

"Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness,
    examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so."
-- Dr. Luke (Acts 17:11)

"A fire kept burning on the hearthstone of my heart, and I took up the burden of the day with fresh courage and hope." -- Charles F. McKoy

Life Unlimited Ministries
LUMglobal
lifeunlimited@pobox.com

Copyright April, 2022

"If Jesus had preached the same message that many ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified." -- Leonard Ravenhill 

"The time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep,  the Church will have clowns entertaining the goats." -- Charles H. Spurgeon

If this letter has blessed you, feel free to forward it or copy from it, with proper credits, to any and all you wish.

Please do NOT hit reply to this letter.  This is an automated unmanned system. 
If you want to write Bob, send directly to lifeunlimited@pobox.com.
Replying to "Shoulder To Shoulder" mailer gets you nowhere.

--
To subscribe, send ANY message to: shoulders-subscribe@welovegod.org> To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: shoulders-unsubscribe@welovegod.org