Russia celebrates its victory over Nazi Germany each year. But if you compare the agressor-behavior of Putin and that current government and military leadership with that of Hitler and his, it’s difficult to see the difference.
- Both are invaders – conquering peaceful neighboring countries – initiating war
- Both have killed innocent non-combatants – not just as accidental deaths, but as deliberate targets
- Both actively suppress the truth of their behaviors to their own countrymen, manipulating the news
- Both have an unbounded ambition for personal power (disguised as “For Our Country”)
An invasion of one country by another, in this day and age, must not be tolerated.
But this problem is just a symptom of a larger trend in our world…
- Our country’s citizens largely support the murder of innocent babies, justified by various selfish means.
- Our United States presidents behave more like the Kings we once modeled the United States government to avoid being like.
- Many Christians treat the words of God like a “best practice” that is optional. Embracing the world’s values as “enlightenment”, they have picked a new savior – a new humanized god fashioned on their own. A god that cannot save them. Why be a church with an impotent god?
We have become the enemy that we once despised.
How, then, can we be saved from all of this?
We must pay closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. For if the message spoken through angels proved to be so firm that every violation or disobedience received its just penalty, how will we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was first communicated through the Lord and was confirmed to us by those who heard him, while God confirmed their witness with signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will (Hebrews 2:1-4)